Milad
Lv 4
Milad asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

Are ramen noodles healthy for you?

Are they bad or healthy for you? That's all I really like to eat so I was just wondering are they good or bad

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Any time anyone says 'that's all I really like to eat', you know they are not eating a good well balanced diet. You can THINK it's okay to just eat some foods you like, but your body has requirements that are only met by eating a wide variety of foods.

The problem is that you may feel okay, but you may get some disease or illness because your immune system is messed up. At last count there were over 70 different diseases that people get, and no one knows the causes. That's why you have to have a good immune system.

• Alpha
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Lets make a distinction between INSTANT ramen and the traditional ramen.

Instant ramen is a convenience food invented after WW2 as a cheap quick substitute for the traditional ramen. The noodles in instant ramen are deep fried and dehydrated. The flavor package for the broth is +90% sodium. One serving of instant ramen is loaded with trans fat, sodium, and calories. A cheeseburger would be healthier compared to a bowl of instant ramen.

Traditional ramen on the other hand is very healthy. The noodle is fresh made and the broth is made from vegetable, chicken, beef, pork or seafood stock. You also get vegetables along with it and maybe a slice of meat or seafood.

And yes, the traditional ramen tastes much better, too.

• 8 years ago

They are not healthy for you. You should eat it once a while. The only ramen noodles you should buy are from Whole Foods called Annie Chuns.

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Not really because they are loaded with sodium (even the Annie Chuns that one person recommended) one serving of Ramen noodles has 800 mg sodium and 7 grams of fat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

they're NOT OK

high in sodium. u can easily make it healthier by using only a portion of the soup packet(the salty stuff) and adding onions, scallions, a beaten egg, etc.

but yeah, it's just staple cheap food.

try eating more kinds of food. like seafood. mushrooms(no fat, lots of vitamin b and protein, basicall meat-plant lol), rice(brown rice is the healthiest) and various fruits.

just eating ramen not only makes a lack of nutrients in ur body, but can be really bad for ur natural growth(specially if ur a teen/going through growth)

• 8 years ago

The actual noodles are OK for you. The stuff in the little packet is full of fat. I usually use only half the package.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It is basically the sachet powder that has a lot of salt in it. I like to use them like a pasta dish as the base with some vegetables to mix in and take up some of the salt etc..

Hman

• 8 years ago

Nope, It's like junk food, it has no nutritional value

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.