What book should i read next?

I like romance, thriller, si fi, anything fiction really. and i own a nook. I just finished safe haven from nicholas sparks.

Favorite Answer

You could try Graceling by Kristen Cashore.

Here's a description (I hand typed it because I couldn't find it online, so any typo's are mine. Without further ado, the description:

His eyes. Kasta had never seen such eyes. One was silver and the other, gold. They glowed in his sun-darkened face, uneven, and strange. She was surprised that they hadn’t shown in the darkness of their first meeting. They didn’t seem human…

Then he raised his eyebrows a hair, and his mouth shifted into the hint of a smirk. He nodded at her, just barely, and it released her from her spell. Cocky, she thought. Cocky and arrogant, this one, and that was all there was to make of him. Whatever game he was playing, if he expected her to join he would be disappointed.

In a world where people born with an extreme skill --- called a grace --- are feared and exploited, Kasta carries the burden of a grace that even she despises: the grace of killing. She lives under the command of her uncle Randa, King of the Middluns, and is expected to execute his dirty work, punishing and torturing anyone who displeases him.

....................................

Additionally, another fantastic read is Shatterglass, by Tamora Pierce. It's like a fantasy murder mystery, it's amazingly well written, it really pulls you in and holds you there:

Kethlun Warder was a gifted glassmaker until his world was shattered in a freak accident. Now his remaining glass-magic is mixed with lightning, and Tris (a spunky student weather-mage) must teach him to control it (if she can teach him to control his temper first). But there's more at stake than Keth's education. With his strange magic, he creates glass balls which reflect the immediate past and expose the work of a murderer. If he can harness his power properly, he'll be able to see the crimes as they take place. Keth and Tris race against time and the local authorities to catch a murderer who's hiding in plain sight.

...............................................

Another great book is Poison Study by Maria Snyder. I couldn't find a better description, but trust me, it's good! It has some mature stuff though, just a warning. I mean seriously mature stuff, I wouldn't suggest you take it on unless you're 18, otherwise you should probably wait. (Though it has some tough stuff, it's worth the read eventually.)

Here is a description:

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered a reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace, and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust, and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison. As Yelena tries to escape her dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and she develops magical powers she can't control. Her life’s at stake again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren’t so clear! A romance blossoms, a power grows, and villians plot. Will Yelena be able to save her friends, and herself?

........................................

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Starts a little slow but gets amazing pretty quickly:

My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day.

You may have heard of me.

so begins the tale of Kvothe—from his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, to years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-riddled city, to his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a difficult and dangerous school of magic. In these pages you will come to know Kvothe as a notorious magician, an accomplished thief, a masterful musician, and an infamous assassin. But The Name of the Wind is so much more—for the story it tells reveals the truth behind Kvothe's legend.

...........................................

I hope I helped, but if you don't like the sound of any of those then try this:

These links take the guess work out of choosing a book; they will match you and your preferences to a book that covers what you like to read about.

Enter a book you like and the site will analyse its database of real readers' favourite books (over 32,000 and growing) to suggest what you could read next.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

http://tastekid.com/

http://goodreads.com/

http://www.gnod.net/

http://www.allconsuming.net/

Good luck finding a book, and happy reading!

Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Black Magician Trilogy - Trudi Canavan

The Traitor Spy Trilogy - Trudi Canavan

Age of Five - Trudi Canavan

The Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini

The Mortal Instruments Series - Cassandra Clare

His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman

All Souls Trilogy - Deborah Harkness

A Song of Ice and Fire - George R R Martin

The Trylle Trilogy - Amanda Hocking

Labyrinth - Kate Mosse

Sepulchre - Kate Mosse

Hope some of these are what you're looking for :)

Under The Never Sky, by Veronica Rossi.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie

Divergent by Veronica Roth

The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks

For thriller try - I hunt killers by Barry lyga (I read this the other day, it was great!)

Romance- Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins (it sounds dorky but it's so good (: )

Sci fi- Rot and Ruin by Johnathan Maburry (zombie book)

Source(s): I love to read, you can email me If you want more books to know about (: