What are your experiences with working from home?

I've applied for a position managing a virtual team of employees from a home office. I'm interested in hearing your experiences both positive and negative with working at home. I'm not too concerned with dangers of scams as this is an international corporation

• John
    Favorite Answer

Has everything going for it. I work as a consultant from home. No expensive time consuming travel to office, no useless meetings; the list is endless. Make a list of all the activities you would do in getting to from the office and what you do there; the list is all negative and you will do none of this at home.

Working at home is far more productive. You must forget about doing 35 hours work per week at home. It is all about completing the task by the date/time required. The work is task orientated. Management of yourself is important. Make list of standard things you must do each day; fill up paper in printer tray etc. and knock these off in the first 30 minutes while you have the first coffee, while other people are waiting in the rail for the bus or cancelled train. Make sure what expenses you can claim from company; set of laser printer cartridges cost about £250 pounds sterling and company may supply as they are tax deductible or set yourself up as self employed. Have meeting say one every 3 months with company to set targets and direction. Make monthly report to company.

Source(s): Home working

I like working at home, I'm a writer for FreelancerCareers.com, I hate wasting time on traffic jam. And working at home, I don't have to do this.

Take Surveys Earn Money - http://OnlineSurveys.uzaev.com/?yjgJ