Liina asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Hair dying: Quick question?

I'll try to keep this short. I have brown hair. I recently used a 20 developer with some lightening powder to lighten the front part of my hair so that I could dye that part magenta.the dye came out swell for my first ever dying experience but sadly after only one shower (cold water and sulfate free conditioner and all) the dye bled and now the magentas this ugly pastel orangey/pink.

So I try to remedy this a week later by getting a dye that my friends use and love: garnier nutrisse ultra red R2. Hoping I could get my hair all one color again. Well I tried it out and it only did the orangey/pink part ultra red. The brown part is still brown. Not even tinted a tiny bit red. Its like the dye saw the lighter hair and decided to just do that part and not even bother the dark brown (even tho the box says for dark hair)

Should I try dying my hair all dark brown first? Sorry this is a bit of a noob question but the excitement of two-tone hair is starting to wear off ^^

Favorite Answer

Call the 1-800# found on the box of dye or email them, (to find #, go online & search the brand if you don't have the box) they're the hair color experts they can advice you best. Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/27… 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone."

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Another example posted on YA! 8-20-12. Is it just me or does xxl live max blonde make your scalp feel like it on fire? I've recently used a max blonde on my hair and I had to wash it wash off straight away because my scalp felt like it was on fire has this happend to anyone else?

A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.

Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Example of one who's hair is falling and stopped growing from YA!:

"my hair had been bleached many times and can't grow past a certain length

its also falling out . i stopped bleaching it.

i just need to add lenght! but if i can stop it from falling out..that be great too"

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?

If You Wanted Colorful Hair You Shoulda Bought The Brand SPLAT. It Comes With The Bleach So If Your Hair Is Dark It Will Lighten It So The Color Will Be Able To Be Shown. The Color Lasts Long Also. The Red Is Really Red. Like Rihanna Red. Lol

Loreal average fit haircolor. You must rather supply that a try, specially on the grounds that it sounds as if that is your first time (atleast at house). And sure, it can be handy to do at dwelling. I would have any person like your mom, pal or sister to support. Anybody who has done it before, however that you may definately do it your self. Just make sure you get your entire hair, recollect any of it. And be careful, considering I've had relatively bad experiences going extra blonde than i'm. (vibrant yellow hair, blue tinted hair, orange) If it does turn out bad, are attempting a further at house colour first. If that's nonetheless dangerous, go to a hair salon. They may be able to fix just about whatever. Good success excellent success excellent success.