Why is our US government so corrupt?

LOL Unanswerable question. Morons is probably the best answer. I hate the government :3

Favorite Answer

First, I'm going to assume you mean politicians (as opposed to the civil service)

Now, is it really corrupt? While there certainly is corruption, overall is it any more corrupt than businesses (look at Wall Street) or religious institutions (child abuse, infidelity, misuse of funds) or as corrupt as most other countries? See the link for one index that say that perception of corruption in the US is relatively low (and perception is probably worse than reality).

That said, being better than some isn't a great recommendation.

The obvious answer to your question as to why there is corruption is a) because money corrupts and politicians are able to use their office for personal gain, b) the way the election system works almost forces politicians to have to support interest groups over their individual constituents, and c) it's relatively easy to get away with (just look at how corruption is often ignored).

I do not know if this is a troll. But compared to the majority of countries/provinces around the world, our governent is not that corrupt. I mean, it is in a constant state of gridlock because of the clashing parties but that is not what I consider corruption.

Source(s): My brain.

All governments are corrupt.

Source(s): Anarcho-communist