What type of dog is courage the cowardly dog?

Remover that show Courage the Cowardly Dog, what type of dog is he? It's been bugging me for a while now.

Favorite Answer

He is a generic dog. A lot of people say he is a mutt. The creators of Courage the Cowardly Dog never said to the public what breed he was. The most logical answer is that he was a mutt. Considering the fact Muriel found him abandoned on the streets. I love that show so much! Too bad they don't air it on TV as much as they used too.

Source(s): Me,Brain,Google,Personal expirence

The person above wasn't accurate calling Courage a Mutt, because in the episode "In remembrance of Courage's past", It was shown what Courage's Parent's look like and they were the same breed, therefore he is not a mutt. Muriel only found him on the streets, because his parent's were kidnapped and sent to the Moon.

I do agree that his species of dog was unmentioned, so it is a mystery as to what dog he is.

In a cartoon dogs quiz i took, states that he is a jack russel terrier

He seems to be like, considering how skinny, not furry, and scared of everything as he is, an Italian Greyhound.

courage is generic because he's purple however mad dog in the mask episode is a doberman pinscher. If I had to guess with courage I'd say a beagle or something.