Why won't Condo Association allow pets for renters?

Only irresponsible renters with pets is the only reason I can think of for such a rule for no pets. To allow no pets for every renter based off that some renters can be irresponsible is unreasonable to me. I'm sure there is a better method to ensure irresponsible renters cannot have pets. I called my condo... show more Only irresponsible renters with pets is the only reason I can think of for such a rule for no pets. To allow no pets for every renter based off that some renters can be irresponsible is unreasonable to me. I'm sure there is a better method to ensure irresponsible renters cannot have pets.

I called my condo association, and they said it was nonnegotiable, but refused to give me a reason for the no pet rule for renters. I can be kind of stubborn, and I feel like I need a reason for this rule. Can anyone give me a better reason than irresponsible renters? If not, I'll have to haggle my condo association until they do give me a better reason.

I understand I signed the lease and am only looking for reasons why this rule might be in affect. Thank you!