Does working in Taiwan open bigger opportunities to work in US/Europe?

Hello. I'm an engineer working in the semiconductor industry and I'm planning to work in Taiwan since offer is better at affordable cost of living. But I've heard that by working in Singapore, you gain good experience to open doors to work in the US/Europe. Is this not true for Taiwan too? Or for other asian-tiger nations like HongKong/Korea? Just wanted to confirm this hear-say I stumbled into...

Favorite Answer

It really depends on how your potential employer reads your resume, and also, what qualifications you hold. Firstly, you have to ask yourself, do you need your job experience to reinforce your proficiency in language? If you have no issues with language (English, in this case), then any other countries you have stated are fine.

Then, you look at what company you are actually working for. Are the ones in HK/Taiwan more prestigious than the one in Singapore? Always go for the better company. If your aim is only to gain exposure, then you might want to compromise on the cost of living.

Yes. It is reasonable to presume that some International Experience will assist you in your career field.