1. There were several ________ in that novel that I didn’t understand.
A. passages B. beans C. wings D. debaters
2. It’s a _________ that cutting your hair makes it grow faster.
A. myth B. ounce C. innocence D. precision
3. They stood _________ each other across the table.
A. apart B. cruel C. opposite D. seriously
4. Dora is one of those who helped to establish the stamp collecting __________.
A. society B. nursery C. distance D. cigarette
5. My _______ dream is to be an actor.
A. mutual B. partial C. remarkable D. ultimate
6. I have an __________ pain in my back.
A. fortunate B. passionate C. scientific D. intense
7. Don’t open the file because it might _________ a virus.
A. rely B. seek C. persist D. contain
8. They got married last year after a long __________.
A.youth B. billion C. romance D. aircraft
9. Children of scientists often ________ in the areas of math and science.
A. excel B. assist C. shade D. contrary
10. The car ________ into the wall and then exploded.
A. angled B. crashed C. praised D. resisted
11. Investors were _______ by the sudden drop in the stock market.
A. dawned B. skated C. alarmed D. recommend
12. His determination has ________ his boss.
A. impressed B. roasted C. cautioned D. established
13. Fine _______ make fine birds.
A. loafs B. sexes C. feathers D. architectures
14. This butterfly is ________ by its natural disguise.
A. noted B. tided C. insure D. protected
15. When I am bored, I ________ myself by singing.
A. cast B. amuse C. sake D. telegram
16. Adam was _______ by her skill at the guitar.
A. amazed B. averaged C. defended D. survived
17. Could you _______ this gift up for me?
A. support B. wrap C. honor D. offend
18. If you stay very still, the bee probably won’t _________ you.
A. proof B. sting C. renew D. tiresome
19. I need to go to the police office to _______ my visa.
A. stair B. extend C. prison D. unknown
20. John was _______ to quit smoking.
A. misted B. aid C. compelled D. frightened
21. The woman _________ her husband of being dishonest to her.
A. rayed B. chewed C. pitted D. accused
22. How old was your baby when she learned to ________?
A. tidy B. string C. crawl D. attract
23. The lyrics of this song _______ me of my first girlfriend.
A. remind B. memory C. trust D. sucken
24. I have lived here _______ over 8 years.
A. in B. since C. for D. from
25. What’s that _______ eating? It looks delicious.
A. you B. I C. you’re D. they
26. Nearly 50% of workers have jobs that they are unsatisfied with. Don’t let this _______
A. is B. are C. to be D. be
27. Most people are so accustomed to advertising that they hear it ______ listening and
see it ________ looking.
A. with… with B. with… without C. without… with D. without…without
28. It was in 1995 with “Toy Story” ____ artists produced the first fully
computer-generated animated movie.
A. so that B. that C. because D. however
29. ________ scientists argue about the dangers of acid rain and global warming, they
agree on one thing: fossil fuels won’t last forever.
A. But B. When C. Although D. Whoever
30. The author of this book argues that instead of freeing our time, e-mail is, in fact,
occupying more of ________.
A. him B. them C. me D. it
31. This is a website devoted to _________ youth to get fit.
A. encourage B. encouraged C. encouraging D. have encouraged
32. Latin is still very much in use in different forms across the world today. Therefore, it
is ________ a dead language.
A. free from B. anything but C. by all means D. as soon as
33. Stories of ________ who have gone through great difficulties can encourage us when
we face similar struggles.
A. other B. the other C. another D. others
34. At the ________, no more than 2% or 3% of most countries’ energy comes from
A. moment B. current C. presently D. temporary
35. Brazil is one of the largest and most populous ________ in the world.
A. country B. countries C. century D. centurie
36. Taiwan’s ________ population in 2004 was 22,749,838.
A. estimated B. estimating C. estimate D. estimation
37. I have never had a full-time job, but I have _______ my father in his business.
A. worked B. been C. liked D. helped
38. ________ Spanish and Portuguese are spoken in Latin America.
A. All B. Have C. Language D. Both
39. The World Wide Web was _________ by Tim Berners-Lee in 1989.
A. profound B. developed C. searching D. painted
40. I usually work quite late, sometimes _______ 11 pm.
A. under B. since C. morning D. until
First Aid is the emergency care of a victim of sudden illness or injury until more
skillful (41) treatment is available. First aid may save a life or improve certain vital
signs (42) pulse, temperature, a patent (unobstructed) airway, and breathing. In minor
emergencies, first aid may prevent a victim’s condition (43) worsening and provide relief
from pain. First aid must be administered as (44) as possible. In the case of the critically
injured, a few minutes can make the difference (45) complete recovery and loss of life.
41. A. metal B. medical C. meal D. method
42. A. including B. include C. included D. includes
43. A. from B. above C. below D. with
44. A. more quickly B. quick C. most quickly D. quickly
45. A. against B. both C. between D. become
Fighting with the fists for sport and spectacle is probably as old as sport itself.
Boxing contests are found throughout antiquity. Greek boxers would wear boxing gloves
(not padded) and wrappings on their arms below the elbows, but were otherwise naked
- shamejudgeLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer