Random woman offered me a job in a store? Scam?

I was in Target with my husband on Friday night. We were in the make up section just looking around and I saw a woman a few feet away from me. She kept looking at me and I just ignored it and kept looking at products. I walked passed her to look at some more products and noticed a little bit later that she turned... show more I was in Target with my husband on Friday night. We were in the make up section just looking around and I saw a woman a few feet away from me. She kept looking at me and I just ignored it and kept looking at products. I walked passed her to look at some more products and noticed a little bit later that she turned around and looked at me again then kept looking at products. She also looked at my husband a little bit. She then walked up to me and my husband. She asked if I lived in that town. I said I lived in the next town next to it. She asked how long I lived in that town. I told her around 7 years. She asked where I lived before that. I told her Ceres and she said she was also from Ceres. She asked if I knew anybody who was looking for job opportunities or something like that. I said no. Then she asked if I was familiar with the Modesto area. I said yes. She talked about me going to her office for an appointment. She asked what did I do for work. I said nothing. Then asked if I was "open minded". I said sure. So then she asked for my contact info and said she would call me to set up an appointment. She did call me, the next day on Saturday around 12:00 pm and left a message. I did not call back and now (Monday) she just called again at around 7:00 pm. I did not talk to her. She then sent a text message afterward saying "Hi I spoke to you about working with our company. I was calling to make sure you are interested. If not let me know, I do not want to take up your time. Thanks :-)"

I am just wondering if this is a scam? I have never heard of anybody who is looking for workers randomly pick people out of a store. Also, she seems kind of desperate to contact me. Could she be wanting to get my information (SSN, etc.) to steal my identity. Or possibly want me to sell illegal products for her or something? I just don't get why she wouldn't take applications and let people who want a job come to her like every other business? Also, she did not tell me what company or what type of job she did? I am just a little suspicious of the situation.