USPS says package delivered but I never got it.?

I ordered something online earlier in the year and UPS said they sent it to the local post office. After researching online, I assume this meant that now USPS was responsible for delivering my package. The delivery status says they delivered my order already on Jan 15 and now it's been about two weeks with still no package in sight. I tried calling USPS but it just keeps looping the whole "press 1 if you bla bla" and no one would pick up at all. I then tried to email USPS and I didn't get an email for like a week. Instead of responding to my question, they send me an email thanking me and to answer a survey for how my 'email experience' was when they never even responded to my question. I then tried calling my local post office (directed by USPS) and their telephone line isn't even accessible for some reason. What's with this horrid service?

Favorite Answer

Have you tried the tracking number? You should physically go down to your local office, and talk to the supervisor. Contact the company that you bought the item from. Tell them that you did not receive it.

google ups SurePost

if it was delivered, it was by a postal worker that left it in your mailbox, by your mailbox or at the front door

someone may have stolen it

call the Sender/Shipper/Seller & they'll file a disputed claim against ups/usps. they have a certain time to follow-up on the case or forced to pay for the insured parcel

then the sender/shipper/seller may re-send you another item