What caliber should I get my first hunting rifle chambered in?

I'm looking into purchasing my first hunting rifle and I think I am going to get a Ruger American. I am completely new to hunting and I am wondering what I should get it chambered in. I'm considering .308, .30-06, and possibly 7mm-08 (though I don't know much about the round), but I am leaning towards... show more I'm looking into purchasing my first hunting rifle and I think I am going to get a Ruger American. I am completely new to hunting and I am wondering what I should get it chambered in. I'm considering .308, .30-06, and possibly 7mm-08 (though I don't know much about the round), but I am leaning towards the .270. This is because of its flat trajectory and lower recoil (not by much, I know). Those two things are beneficial to a new shooter, I think. Plus the .270 is the only one I have experience shooting, and I have done well with it. I am wondering what otjer people have to say though. Some factors that are important to me are cost, availability, and versatility. I will mostly be using this rifle on deer, but would like to have the ability to hunt elk and possibly black bear or moose. I know the .30-06 is the most versatile, but is it really necessary for what I want to hunt? I plan on having one someday but I don't know that it's the best choice for my first rifle, especially one that is barely 6 lbs. Won't it kick like a mule? Please help me out, and tell me why you like your choice of caliber.