1) Where are the commandment spoken of by Jesus in John chapter 14 found?

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:

but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

==

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment:

and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council:

but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

===

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

===

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery:

and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

===

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

===

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee,

and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

===

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies,

bless them that curse you,

do good to them that hate you,

and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matt 5:17-48 (KJV)

Update:

To Adam London, Exodus 20:21 reveals eactly who was the God Moses worshiped as also told to you by Jesus in John 3:14 as revealed who the serpent is by Rev 12:9, so I say believe what you will.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

Ex 20:21 (KJV)

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

John 3:14 (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 12:9 (KJV)

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:3-4 (KJV)

Jesus said;

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, nei

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

The commandments Jesus spoke about in John chapter 14, are the commandments Jesus taught the people in Matthew 5:1 in his Sermon on the Mount, those were the commandement that Jesus spoke about, Jesus was never talking about the 10 commandments given by Moses as Moses claimed, Jesus said MY COMMANDMENT, MY SAYINGS and MY WORDS, not words spoken by Moses To the contrary John said that Moses was a liar, and that it was Jesus who broght us the truth in John 1:17-18 and Jesus agreed with John in John 5:37.

Jesus gave us about 80 commandments with the book of laws of the New Testament men have named the gospel according to Matthew, the book of Luke has these same commandments as spoken by Jesus, and the Book of John (John 12:49-50) tells us exactly where and how Jesus got these words, the commandments he spoke.

Christians won't even take the time to count or list the number of commandments given to us by Jesus, even though they say they love Jesus.

• 3 years ago

Violating a Rule? some declare, in spite of the undeniable fact that, that such renderings violate a rule of Koine Greek grammar printed by using Greek student E. C. Colwell lower back in 1933. He asserted that throughout Greek a predicate noun “has the [specific] article while it follows the verb; it would not have the [specific] article while it precedes the verb.” by using this he meant that a predicate noun previous the verb must be understood as though it did have the specific article (“the”) in front of it. At John a million:a million the 2nd noun (the?os?), the predicate, precedes the verb—“and [the?os?] exchange into the be conscious.” So, Colwell claimed, John a million:a million ought to examine “and [the] God exchange into the be conscious.” yet evaluate merely 2 examples got here across at John 8:40 4. There Jesus says of the devil: “That one exchange right into a manslayer” and “he's a liar.” merely as at John a million:a million, the predicate nouns (“manslayer” and “liar”) precede the verbs (“exchange into” and “is”) interior the Greek. there is not any indefinite article in front of the two noun as a results of fact there exchange into no indefinite article in Koine Greek. yet maximum translations insert the be conscious “a” as a results of fact Greek grammar and the context require it.—See additionally Mark 11:32; John 4:19; 6:70; 9:17; 10:a million; 12:6. Colwell had to renowned this with regard to the predicate noun, for he stated: “it is indefinite [“a” or “an”] in this place in elementary terms while the context demands it.” So even he admits that when the context demands it, translators would insert an indefinite article in front of the noun in this way of sentence shape. Does the context require an indefinite article at John a million:a million? specific, for the testimony of the finished Bible is that Jesus isn't Almighty God. subsequently, no longer Colwell’s questionable rule of grammar, yet context ought to steer the translator in such circumstances. And it is obvious from the various translations that insert the indefinite article “a” at John a million:a million and someplace else that many pupils disagree with this way of man made rule, and so does God’s be conscious.

• 7 years ago

*** w84 12/15 p. 27 ‘Michael the Great Prince’—Who Is He? ***

Before Daniel died, the last Jewish king, Zedekiah, had been deposed. There would be no Jewish king for centuries to come. Daniel’s prophecy showed that one day in the future God’s people would once again have a king—Michael.

Ezekiel, Daniel’s contemporary, foretold the coming of one “who has the legal right” to rule again as king of God’s people. (Ezekiel 21:25-27) This one is not to be identified with the Levite Maccabees who exercised some authority during a brief period of independence. Not being descendants of King David, they had no “legal right” to be kings. Rather, it was Jesus Christ who was anointed by God to rule as king in a heavenly kingdom. (Luke 1:31-33; 22:29, 30; Psalm 110:1) He was the only one thus anointed. It is therefore only logical to say that Jesus and Michael are the same person.

• 7 years ago

Right here..!

Jesus came for JEWS. Jesus was a JEW, He came for the lost sheep of house of Israel. (Matthew 15:24) He did not come for the Gentiles/Christians.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve (Luke 4:8; Matt. 4:10).

Jesus said: If ye love me, keep my commandments. KJV John 14:15

The Ten Commandments

1. You shall have no other Gods but me. Exodus 20:3

2. You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it. Exodus 20:4

3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God. Exodus 20:7

4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:8

5. Respect your father and mother. Exodus 20:12

6. You must not kill. Exodus 20:13

7. You must not commit adultery. Exodus 20:14

8. You must not steal. Exodus 20:15

9. You must not give false evidence against your neighbour. Exodus 20:16

10. You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour. Exodus 20:17

He who says, 'I know him, and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4, NKJV.

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. Deut 4:2

True Christian doctrine is that there is only one God, who has ever existed anywhere, anyplace, anytime. There is no God formed before God; there will be no God formed after God. Isaiah 43:10.

God doesn't even know of any other Gods Isaiah 44:8.

There is only one God in existence in the entire universe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I don't get it? Your reading Jesus Commands. Other than the Ten Commandments, Dis is it.

God Bless Ya,

Chicago Bob

imasinner

There is more joy in Jesus in one day.

Than there is in the World 365/24/7

I know, I tried them both.

Numbers 6:24-26

Source(s): Jesus
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.