My 3 yr old son is scared of my boyfriend n we been together for almost 3yrs what should i do?

i live with my boyfriend we have four kids ...he has two boys n i have a son n we also have a little girl together ....but all of the three except for my son get along great with him but my son is terrified of him i go to work n he gets up each mornin askin me if im leavin n starts to cry n ask if im stayin home i... show more i live with my boyfriend we have four kids ...he has two boys n i have a son n we also have a little girl together ....but all of the three except for my son get along great with him but my son is terrified of him i go to work n he gets up each mornin askin me if im leavin n starts to cry n ask if im stayin home i try my hardest to calm him down n let him kno everythin is alright ....he calms down n says ok mommy n goes to bed....i always ask my boyfriend why is he scared of u ....im worried n he tells me its jus cuz he is strong wit him n teaches him from right to wrong n says i baby him too much....my son is goin to b 4 in feb n he tells me that he puts him outside in the cold n that he hits him i ask my boyfriend all the time the same questions its affectin our relationship n idk what to do he is a great dad he gets anythin i need for my son n when times got ruff he even stole food jus to get him better the time he was really sick n we had no job ....what should i do cuz im stuck in the middle