Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 7 years ago

My 3 yr old son is scared of my boyfriend n we been together for almost 3yrs what should i do?

i live with my boyfriend we have four kids ...he has two boys n i have a son n we also have a little girl together ....but all of the three except for my son get along great with him but my son is terrified of him i go to work n he gets up each mornin askin me if im leavin n starts to cry n ask if im stayin home i try my hardest to calm him down n let him kno everythin is alright ....he calms down n says ok mommy n goes to bed....i always ask my boyfriend why is he scared of u ....im worried n he tells me its jus cuz he is strong wit him n teaches him from right to wrong n says i baby him too much....my son is goin to b 4 in feb n he tells me that he puts him outside in the cold n that he hits him i ask my boyfriend all the time the same questions its affectin our relationship n idk what to do he is a great dad he gets anythin i need for my son n when times got ruff he even stole food jus to get him better the time he was really sick n we had no job ....what should i do cuz im stuck in the middle

• jb
    Favorite Answer

Your boyfriend is abusing your son when you're not there. Now that you know this, will you stand up and protect your son or not? If you ignore everyone's advice and choose to not protect your son, then you are guilty of abuse as well.

If you truly love your son, you'll put his needs before your own.

Are you an idiot? You must be! Obviously your boyfriend is abusing your son! If he is telling you he is scared of him and cries you should listen. How are you stuck in the middle? In a choice between your son and your boyfriend you shouldn't have to think twice. SMH you need to leave him. This is exactly how kids end up traumatized and don't tell because when they do, nobody believes them. LISTEN TO YOUR CHILD

KIDS DO NOT MAKE THAT STUFF UP! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS LYING! You really need to listen to all of these people because you are obviously blinded of something that is right in front of you! You need to take your son to the doctor, tell them what he told you, and ask them what the right steps are. Your boyfriend is not worth losing your child! What if one day he gets frustrated and pulls a Casey Anthony! Please save your son from this abuse! He deserves a better living condition! And I pray to God that if you do not report him then he will tell someone because you need to BE A MOM AND GET HIM HELP!

I can't imagine why a three year old would be terrified of a man who hits him and shoves him out of the house.

Can you?

Really?

I really hope your son tells a teacher soon so this situation can be reported since you are unwilling to defend your flesh and blood from a monster.

Edited to add: When he does tell and someone reports the situation, you will also go to jail, BTW, for failing to protect him. If protecting your son doesn't motivate you to act, maybe saving yourself will.

Maybe there's a good reason your son is afraid of the boyfriend? Not saying that's true, just a possibility. Have you tried asking your son why he is scared of the boyfriend?

My son's are rather much 3 and terrified of bathe curtains. They get somewhat claustrophobic. Plus they hate flushing the lavatory, as a results of fact it makes a extensive noise. I merely take my bathe curtain down. Lay a towel infront of the bathe, as a results of fact it does leak somewhat. As for the pooping interior the tub, injuries ensue. he's in a clean environment, and can be somewhat frightened. do no longer situation approximately it. he remains studying. As for the full bare element. some people are not comfortable being bare. some people do in contrast to their infants bare, and function taught them it extremely is impolite. i could say No to the abuse, i'm questioning it extremely is his mum and dad being uncomfortable with him bare around people.

If he's hitting him and putting him outside in the cold that's the problem you shouldn't be with someone who hits your son when he's not even the father, what if one day he kills him then what are you gonna do? I think you should break up with him before something serious and bad happens to your son

He's abusing him. Of course he's not going to think he is because most abusive parents view the abuse as punishment or a lesson but if a child is terrified and hurting than it's abuse. Also, in many cases only one child is targeted so that's not rare and shouldn't be used as a defense. Stop him now.

Source(s): Current psychology major with a fucked up childhood

Your boyfriend might be doing those things to your son. 4 year olds can't come up with those things by himself.

Your son maybe suffering abuse... Chris Hansen your boyfriend's a$$.