Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Good Holocaust books?

I'm 13 and very interested in history, especially the Holocaust. I've read Anne Frank's diary, Night, When Hitler stole pink rabbit and The Hiding Place (I read these on my own. My school doesn't even teach the Holocaust). So I was wondering if you could please reccomend some good Holocaust books?

Favorite Answer

All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein is one I read in middle school. It's a memoir, powerfully written. I could hardly stomach it all, it makes me so sad :(

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is also wonderful. It's more fiction, but it's based around the Holocaust. I love his writing style.

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. I haven't actually read this one, but I've heard rave reviews about it.

If you're really interested in the history behind the Holocaust and everything, you should watch The Pianist. It's amazing. And it's great that you're reading books like these. It's horrible thinking about all that was done and wasn't during that time. People gotta keep the stories alive to ensure it never happens again.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas is such a beautiful book & it's about the Holocaust.

Source(s): Read it in like 6th grade

Have you heard of Ellie Weisel's Night. It is a somber book. I am not sure you want to read that just at 13, but if you want to have the crap scared out of you by someone who was there, in the camp, watched his whole family die, this is it. Don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful book, full of sorrow, I cried a lot, I had to stop reading. This is mature reading. I cannot recommend this to you and then tell not to read it. It will change you, I will tell you that. First hand account of things is very hard to forget.

Just keep checking the fiction section.