Not BMing much 5 days after coffee enema?

For the first time in 4 years I did a coffee enema. Instead of being on my knees like I used to I lied on my back and fed the tube inside of me. It has been 5 days and I have only had about 3-4 bowel movements(normally its 2 a day). I did not even have one today. I also went to class two days after the coffee enema and the students complained that I smelled like feces. Is there anything I can do to get my body to get back to normal? By the way I have an appropriate fiber intake for someone my height/weight.

Serious Responses Only

Favorite Answer

You know, this is the textbook definition of being "bowel obsessed"-- believing you have to have 2 bowel movements a day, or you give yourself an enema.

There is absolutely NO medical reason whatsoever why you "have" to defecate 2x in 24 hours. Having 3 -4 BMs in 5 days is more than normal. For some people, a BM every 3 days is normal. You need to adjust your expectations and stop obsessing over this. Please speak with your doctor if you doubt this.

Source(s): RN