Tom asked in TravelSpainIslas Canarias · 8 years ago

Holiday Destinations for Young couple - Lanzarote vs Gran Canaria?

Hi there,

Me and my girlfriend (19, and 18) Want to go away at the end of June/start of July this summer. We have been looking at Lanzarote and Gran Canaria as we have never been and both appeal to us as they do have some nightlife (which isn't top of our list.) but look relaxing, enjoyable and interesting which are more important factors for us.

I'm looking forward to maybe scuba diving/snorkeling to see reefs or fish if this is achievable in any of the destinations? or where is great for this? She is a horse riding fanatic and we noticed in Lanzerote on the holiday activity lists there are some horse riding options!

We both love beach/water sports which are available almost anywhere. But in Maspolonas there are the sand dunes which look incredible and would be fun to see.

Lanzarote, 4star hotel at the moment is around £100 cheaper for all inclusive in Teguise whereas in Maspolonas Gran Canaria at a fantastic 5star resort its more expensive for halfboard.

Basically, has anyone got any past experience or advice for us on how to make our decision or has anyone got any other destinations to put into consideration, preferably no more than £650.

Also, what other interesting things are there to do in these places, both seem to be 'windy' any more details on this?

Thank you for your comments and help, much appreciated!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Go for Lanzarote, definitely!! Enjoy!!!

• clouse
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

it incredibly is an astonishing trip trip spot. alongside with what others have reported, the area is virtually like a mini-continent, it incredibly is that distinctive. advise the motel "Maspalomas", suitable next to the sand dunes. the climate is virtually guaranted besides. ward off the Porto Rico motel, regardless of the undeniable fact that. it incredibly is desperate next to the sea with the inns on steep inclines, and ain't for anybody no longer too beneficial on their ft.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.