Renting house, is it a good option? NEED help. Serious answers?

I'm living in apt right now. My cousin suggested me about renting the house.

She said it works the same way as renting apt.

Is it true?

She said if anything broke in the house (applicants and etc). The owner will fix it for us also. Is it true?

Should I live in apt or renting a house then? I can't effort to buy house

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Yes, renting a house is essentially the same as renting an apartment.

The confusion on this thread about whether the landlord is required to repair appliances is probably due to the fact that the laws are slightly different in each state.

In general, a landlord is required to maintain those parts of a house which are essential to its habitability (furnace, hot water heater, plumbing). If you a renting an apartment, or a room in a house, then the landlord cannot avoid paying to maintain of these items. However, in most (but not all) states if you are renting an entire house, then you can write the lease in a way that gives the tenant complete possession of and responsibility for the entire house and land for a term of years, in which case the landlord is responsible for no maintenance.

As to those appliances which are not essential to habitability (washer, dryer, refrigerator, oven), whether the landlord is responsible for providing/maintaining those depends entirely on how the lease is written. Some landlords offer to maintain all appliances for you (for an additional cost, of course). Other landlords leave it up to you.

In the absence of a specific provision in the lease agreement, the presumption in most states is that the landlord will be responsible only for basic maintenance, and is only responsible for repairing optional appliances which the landlord has installed prior to your moving in.

Bottom line: Read the lease so that you will know what the landlord is responsible for.

Source(s): I am an attorney, licensed in Massachusetts.

Renting a house and renting an apartment is pretty much the same. The lease will determine who's charged with care/maintenance of outside spaces and what appliances etc. come with the lease (in some countries, basic appliances aren't assumed as part of a rent, and you have to rent things yourself.)

it all depends on the contract you have with landlord of the house. if it says your responsible for maintence/etc. then i would look elsewhere but it all depends on contract just make sure everything is in order. i got a mortgage on a house and it was 200.00 cheaper than renting just see if you qualify for 100 percent loans and make sure you buy a house thats in your standard of living. home prices are in the toilet right now so if you can get into house it will be cheap and in a few years hopefully will gain value.

hi...I merely had to stand up for some human beings renters out right here!.As a renter myself, I even have continually taken care of the valuables I even have lived in. I comprehend there are some tenants that don't care very plenty concerning to the region they're renting using fact the only difficulty they could desire to lose if the valuables is broken is their secure practices deposit. Now on the different hand, there are tenants like myself who believe in treating the residing house and the backyard as though it have been their very own. I even have respectfully advised my landlords this many situations before..."this could be your place, regardless of if it is likewise my residing house." in many circumstances, the homes I even have rented appeared extra acceptable "after" i replaced into residing there than before! i've got spent my own money on all forms of issues like procuring and planting gardens in the yards and so on. (with the proprietors permission of course) yet not as quickly as did I or my 2 boys, even our dogs ever taken care of the valuables any incorrect way than as though we owned it ourselves. I even have considered renters who harm the grass, placed holes in the partitions and permit their pets mess throughout interior to boot using fact the exterior! so....I merely had to permit you know there are nonetheless some very effective, sparkling and respectful renters out right here and it relatively is a shame that there is often some who harm the acceptance for others! thank you and sturdy success!

The only appliances a landlord has to fix are the heater and the hot water heater.

It doesn't matter if it's a house or an apartment, a good landlord will fix appliances etc. when they break.

landlords may not give the job of maintenance to the tenant although

many try; it is illegal to force the tenant to do that.

next; price--for the first time in US history, it costs 1/2 as much to buy as it does to rent!

More than likely yes. But never make assumptions ... talk to your potential Landlord and always get in writing what you agreed on.