Have you ever done psychedelic drugs?

If so how was the experience.

(Weed doesn't count in this question)

Favorite Answer

I used to be a really heavy LSD user. I've tripped too many times to count, and my ol' noodle works just fine. I don't recommend doing LSD, but won't say that it's any worse for you than anything else we put in our bodies. Drugs are like pistols, we use them for all kinds of good on a daily basis, be it pain management, or in the case of extacy (MDMA), head shrinkers using them for the mentally unfit. But you can also do a lot of harm with them, overdosing, bad trips, and bad batches can ruin a persons life. Most drugs are waaaaaaay over rated, they're never as bad as they are supposed to be, but never as fun as you imagined them to be. The thing about psychs, as far as drugs go, is that you are altering your perception of the entire world, so the world becomes what you make of it. Take some acid and walk into a night club, you'll soon find that the two situations don't call for each other, and that something bad could very well happen. But, in contrast, take some acid on an early morning camping trip just before the sunrise, and you'll have a different experience all together with vivid colors and a warm feeling with which to enjoy. It's just like anything else in the world, use in moderation. I do believe it was Jesus who said that nothing you put into your mouth will defile you, but what you allow to come out of your mouth will get you into trouble.

I did LSD quite a lot in the late 60s early 70s.

I have no clear memories. A lot of wow the colours, I see God etc. The utter beauty of music or of a brick wall or a lover's breath. Telepathy, time travel - you name it.

Some very horrible experiences to do with time - being trapped in tiny loops of time, time going backwards, seconds of real time taking an eternity - giving me a slight inkling of how awful Hell might be if it is real.

The relativity of emotions - that was the worst thing of all. Knowing that any good feelings i had were only good compared to how bad they could be. Good and evil going in waves. Slow waves taking hours, gradually speeding up till they were like a jangling musical note.

A farewell to all that when I took what was sold to us as mescalin a few times with my mate Andy ant two gorgeous Norwegian girls. I don't know if it really was mescalin, but it was a kind and mild drug, not the savage god which is LSD.

• I went to over 300 Grateful Dead shows - most of them high. I never once had a bad experience. The quality of the experience deeply depends on the circumstances you are in while high - if you feel uneasy or uncomfortable in any way with your surroundings, you may have a bad experience. Just keep that in mind.......

Once, over 20 years ago at Spring Break in Daytona Beach, FL. I enjoyed it immensely, and would probably do it again if given the opportunity.

From questions and answers on here I think 90 of the posters have.

In a word "no" and thank God I haven't when I see how messed up some people are through these chemicals which really mess up their brains

Yeah - years ago... as in decades.

It was okay. Nothing spectacular happened.

Mostly I remember laughing a lot and not

being able to concentrate on anything.

(this can be a serious detriment in the

bedroom).

I barely drink coffee Im so scared of addictions.

No way.

You can try to put it out of your mind that drugs won't do you any harm, but every medical study can't be wrong. Drugs will get in the way of creating anything positive in your life.

If your life is so horrible that you have to escape reality, change your life. You can't change reality with a temporary escape.

i tried mushrooms and tea, never even came close to halucinations, i did stay awake for 2 days. which was horrible all by itself. thats the main reason i never did them again.