Eric B
Lv 5
Eric B asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

NFL: Alex Smith trade?

Alex Smith fans,

Q 1. Would Smith be a good QB fit for the KC Chiefs, NY Jets, or Oakland Raiders?

~ would the aforementioned have the wallet space to give Alex his $9,500,000 contract?

~ also will Smith's $9 mill-contract be surpassed by Kaepernick's new contract?

~ listed aforementioned teams because IF a trade gets cleared, it would seem 'Frisco would not want to trade him to a team in the NFC.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He'd be a fit for all three...yes even with Palmer in Oakland.

The Chiefs are likely best suited to have cap room for him. But both the Jets and Raiders could definitely make room as well.

Don't believe so....Kaepernick may be locked in his contract under the new CBA. Would that his agent and the Niners would revisit if they win next Sunday.

The Niners would look to play it smart and trade him out of division and conference. Donovan McNabb to the Redskins aside.....

Hope it works out for Smith, he's had a lot of starts and stops so far as a pro QB.

• Login to reply the answers
  • vicini
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Smith became an impressive pickup for the Chiefs. they might have overpaid (that conditional %. became way greater effective than I predicted from them), yet not via as much as human beings would think of. Alex Smith is Andy Reid's appropriate QB. an impressive decision maker, a veteran chief and cellular without being a threat taker. in certainty a greater proficient version of Donovan McNabb. He lacks a huge arm, yet in Reid's style of offense, that's not mandatory. If the Chiefs can shop Dwayne Bowe, he will have the weapons he needs to excel maximum suitable out of the gates and get the Chiefs to the playoffs. The Chiefs are a dumping floor for veteran 49er QBs, yet each physique they have gotten has labored out properly for them. Smith could practice no exception, and that i do see the Chiefs interior the playoffs this year by using fact of that commerce.

• 7 years ago

I could see the Chiefs getting him. They desperately need a QB and if they were smart, they'd realize the one they want/need isn't in this year's draft. There won't be many in free agency and I'm sure they have the financial space for Smith.

• 7 years ago

The 49ers need to get rid of Alex so they could afford Kaepernick. Where ever Alex goes hes going to be terrible just like he was before Harbaugh came in and revived his career.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jets could use a real man playing QB for a change.

• 7 years ago

Chiefs.

Kaepernick is good, but 9M..? Eh..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.