How do Democrats convince people they DO NOT want to take away all the guns? (like Feinstein advocated)?

I realize that generally speaking Democrats don't really want to go after all the guns (mainly because that would be their @ss politically). But I've also heard some Democrats use the line "We don't want to take your guns" (like people would be stupid to think otherwise). But for people who... show more I realize that generally speaking Democrats don't really want to go after all the guns (mainly because that would be their @ss politically). But I've also heard some Democrats use the line "We don't want to take your guns" (like people would be stupid to think otherwise).

But for people who watched Diane Feinstein get an assault weapons ban passed in 1994 (the same woman proposing the same bill now), how do you explain her comments after the vote in which she said IF SHE COULD (meaning, if she had the votes) she would have banned ALL THE GUNS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRR7MwllH8

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them (guns), Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it".
1 answer 1