What is the best way to send money to Philippines no us bank account, no debit/credit card?

I am in US for my 6 month training. I want to send some money to my family back in the Philippines but I do not have any US bank account nor debit/credit card. Western Union is my current option. Any suggestions?

Update:

The Western Union in Fifth Third Bank here in Yorktown Center Lombard IL requires driver's license and social security number. But I don't have any of those. Is there any Western Union branch near me that don't require those? Or is that Moneygram that your saying requires those also?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

The cheapest way to do it is to go to any Walmart store customer counter & send it via Moneygram. They can pick the money up at any MLuhillier pawn shop.

• 4 years ago

There will always be a fee to wire the funds from one bank to another, especially internationally. Being in the Philippines, a wire transfer might be only way you are going to move those funds, and ALL banks charge fees for that. You might want to look at banks that have locations in both the US and in your country and maybe open a US Dollar account if possible. Then you might be able to access the funds directly. The only other real option you would have is if your bank in the Philippines would accept a check from a US bank to deposit the funds without a fee. Its highly unlikely that would be the case, if even if so, there probably would still be a fee.

• 7 years ago

I send money via PayPal to the US of A, Im here in the UK right now. I compared the exchange rates between Western Union and PayPal, and PayPal has a better exchange rate and less charge fee. You can also choose any currency you would like to send, US$. British£, Peso, etc.. Just make sure your recipients has bank account in the PI. and a PayPal account aswell. The downside in sending money thru PayPal is that it will take 3 - 4 working days for your recipients to receive the money.IMHO.

• 7 years ago

Go online a seek your local LBC office it's faster and cheaper to !

Many in California and 1 in Portland Oregon....on the west coast....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

You can go to any walmart and buy a moneygram, or go to any western union office.

• 7 years ago

Western union or paypal?

• lolit
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

okay send it by western union . the best option .

• 7 years ago

western union

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No, but what you've just said your sole solution

• 7 years ago

try xoom

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.