Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 years ago

Is swat tactical experience better than military experience for FBI HRT ?

I wanna become FBI HRT Officer but I don't wanna do military if its not going to stick out

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Bad news, Leroy.

You don't get hired by the FBI to be an HRT team member.

First, your chance of getting hired by the FBI is very slim, less than 1% of all applicants ever get hired.

Second, if you DID get hired, you'd be a 'rookie' for several years doing crap jobs, like background investigations, secretarial work, etc.

When, and if, there are openings in HRT, you would compete against other agents for the position.

But, I have no idea why ANYONE who wants to be in law enforcement would want to work for the FBI... basically glorified pencil pushers.

FBI- Famous But Ineffective.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I would worry less about experience for a specialty within the FBI, and more about getting hired by the FBI. Getting hired there is a difficult process, more difficult than regular law enforcement. If you want to shoot people, go into and stay in the military.

Source(s): Police Officer, Washington State B.A. Law and Justice
  • Hayley
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Hmmm...

SWAT tactical experience vs. a cook/mechanic/admin/truck driver in the military

Which one do you think the FBI is more likely to go with?

Just because you're in the military...doesn't mean you will do Rambo stuff.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

they are mind-set diverse. Rescue and raids in SWAT. eliminating aims, searching enemy, recording moves, training friendlies and many various stuff in certain operations. One is LE and one is military, they are spectacular. P.S. particular operations is the words you're making an attempt to employ, particular Forces refers to a unit interior of america military also conventional because the "eco-friendly Berets".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.