Alex G
Alex G asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Liberal cars, Conservative cars?

I'm thinking:

Liberal:

Volvo

Subaru

hybrid and electric vehicles

probably Volkswagen

Conservative:

any pickup truck

American cars in general, especially Hummers, Tahoes and other big SUVs

Neutral:

Japanese cars (other than Subaru and hybrid/electrics)

Korean cars

German cars (other than VW)

Italian cars

British cars

What do you think? About right? What do you agree or disagree with?

@ railroad dave - Thanks so much for posting that - more scathing evidence of the class-warfare the super-rich have been waging against the rest of us for 40 years... please, do you have a link to that WSJ article? Or at least the date and title?

Favorite Answer

I disagree. I'm a liberal, and the 4 cars I've owned so far in my life have been a Buick Regal, a Chevy Lumina, a Pontiac Grand Am, and a Chevy Impala.

Where does owning American vehicles that aren't giant, wasteful gas-guzzlers put me on your chart?

since records started in the early 50s , americans now have the oldest fleet of vehicles ever . since 2001 we have seen the largest redistribution of wealth in human history , from the middle class working man , up to the top few percent richest . most folks are stuck with an old car , we can not afford a newer car . the rich and corporations are hoarding almost the entire amount of all currency in circulation . over 5/6 .

Source(s): wsj

Cars get stereotyped, but in real life, there's little real association between politics and cars; somebody who would let a politician or a radio talk show host tell him what he's supposed to drive would be an idiot.

*

Here's a great example - the Chevy Volt is supposed to be a 'liberal' car, but a political survey of Volt owners (at Volt owner site GM-Volt.com) found just 51% of Volt owners lean to the left. Hardly a rousing majority.

*

Truthfully. people buy Volts to save money on gasoline, not to save the planet.

How about this: I have three pickups and one car.

One pickup has 16 times more horse power than a pris and 25 times more toque.

One has 6 times more horse power than a pris and 11 times more toque.

One has 2 times more horsepower than a pris and 3 times the toque.

The car will do 180 mph.

Am I a Republican or a Democrat?

Agree

• sailor

i being a liberalcontinual 2007 toyota corolla. on a similar time toyota corolla is the international's greatest merchandising vehicle. i believe maximum Toyotas are offered to liberals. Many Toyotas i see on the line have Obama/Biden sticker on their bumper. whilst POS chrysler PT cruisers, Chevy HHS, and so on and so on have Palin stickers

• Josh

You forgot the 500 dollar 78 chevrolet caprice with four thousand dollar spinners and the subs in the trunk

Cars like gun owners apparently follow party lines: 55% Republican and 27% Independent own guns and perhaps why we have both a war on weapons the same way we have a war on what type of car we are "allowed" to own.

Haha...this reminds me of my most recent trip to Santa Barbara, California. Beautiful place.

Anyway, inside a parking garage at a down town mall I saw an electric golf cart parked in one of the stalls. The cart had an Obama sticker on it. So, naturally, I parked my SUV right next to it.

Should have taken a picture.

• T-Bone

You're assuming Liberals don't use trucks.

And I'm assuming you barely passed High School.