What is so wrong with a 1 Bill, 1 Item, 1 Vote system in Congress?

Why can't Congress just do this sensible thing? Bill 1 - "Ban ammo clips holding more than 10 rounds." Then vote...yea or nay. Pass or Fail. Then move on to the next; Bill 2 - "Authorized Relief Fund of $30,000,000.000 to victims of Hurricane Sandy." All in favor? All... show more Why can't Congress just do this sensible thing?

Bill 1 - "Ban ammo clips holding more than 10 rounds." Then vote...yea or nay. Pass or Fail.

Then move on to the next;

Bill 2 - "Authorized Relief Fund of $30,000,000.000 to victims of Hurricane Sandy." All in favor? All opposed?

Wouldn't this be a more efficient, honest way to do business?

Bill 3 - "Healthcare Insurance Providers can not deny coverage of pre-existing conditions." Now, isn't that MUCH better than 13,000 pages of Legislation that bankrupts a country, that no one even READ in the first place?

Anyone else for such a system? Or are you in favor of the "trading pork" for a vote routine that is the current method of business in Washington, DC?

You know, "If you add on $300,000,000 for the Fishing Industry in MY State, I'll approve the Spending to help the Sandy Hurricane Victims."

Isn't that reprehensible behavior? To have to bribe our Law Makers to vote for something that is needed, that is just plain the right thing to do?

I'm sickened and I see us continuing our downhill Social and Economical Spiral in this Country...the Bottom is the only thing that is going to stop this Swan Dive off the Social and Fiscal Cliff.
Update: Two good answers....a first for Y!Answers lol. No name calling, no misspelled curse words. Thanks. As far as time, maybe less time Reading 13,000 page bills would help their time management. And perhaps we hold all votes until the end of the day, and they could be put on 1 page with a little Tick Box beside... show more Two good answers....a first for Y!Answers lol. No name calling, no misspelled curse words.

Thanks.

As far as time, maybe less time Reading 13,000 page bills would help their time management.

And perhaps we hold all votes until the end of the day, and they could be put on 1 page with a little Tick Box beside each.

I believe there are ways to streamline, expedite, and simplify the entire process.

Why is there No One in Congress that feels the same way?
5 answers 5