How attracted should you be to the person you date?

A guy at my work is gorgeous, I never noticed at first, but when he started to show interest in me I couldn't keep my eyes off him. But it's strange, he's very good looking.. but.. I guess not my type, I'm not that sexually attracted to him. See I don't know if I'm just crazy saying that,... show more A guy at my work is gorgeous, I never noticed at first, but when he started to show interest in me I couldn't keep my eyes off him. But it's strange, he's very good looking.. but.. I guess not my type, I'm not that sexually attracted to him. See I don't know if I'm just crazy saying that, because I've only dated 2 men and they were both "my type" both physically and personality wise, I thought they were so hot. They could turn me on with one word, and melt my heart at the same time.
This new guy has a good personality, and good looks so who am I to be so picky right? But I guess because my exes and I got along so well (well enough to still be friends) and I'm also so sexually attracted to them I've convinced myself that a serious relationship for myself would have to be perfect.
The reason why I'm not just giving him a try, seeing how it works out is because my ex and I, are in a complicated position right now. We may get back together soon, because we both have feelings. We're just trying to resolve the issues that made us break up in the first place. And the only reason I'm even considering this other guy, is I guess the whole mess with my ex has been dragged on for too many months, it may be just a phase but I think I'm losing feelings. It's not so easy to just jump boat on that and switch to someone else, if I do I want to make sure he's worth it..
Any advice?
Thanks so much!
1 answer 1