is it illegal to wear a bullet proof vest to school?

I was wondering if it is illegal to wear a bullet proof vest to school in ohio......i do not own one

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

In many places it is only illegal to wear "bullet-proof" clothing if you are committing another crime.

Note also that "bullet-resistant" panels (i.e., body armor) come in many levels of resistance and only the HIGHEST levels, with ceramic plates, have any chance of stopping a high-powered rifle bullet.

Some stores will only sell it to someone who is over 18 and passes a criminal background check. Others, such as Connecticut, regulate the manner of sale (in person, etc).

Federal law prohibits convicted felons from purchasing, owning, or using body armor in any form.

• 7 years ago

Once in high school I brought a bow to class. ( for a project and a friend needed it) I walked through the metal detector and past security with no questions asked.

• 7 years ago

No, it's not a weapon. It's illegal to walk into school with a sword, but not a shield.

• 7 years ago

No, but do you actually need one? I recommend talking to someone at your school and discussing the issue. I think you are reacting to anxiety about recent events (understandable) but are you in actual danger or anticipating the worst?

Please speak to someone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No, it is not. The school might have rules about dress, but the law does not care.

• 7 years ago

i dont thinks thats ever been adresses in yhe us, so no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.