Anti gun liberals, do you believe tyranny does not exist anymore? Evil does not exist in government?

People in power are no longer are power hungry? The world will be safer with guns only in the hands of governments? Is that what you are saying? If it is you are dead wrong.

Bob, what You fail to see is that freedoms are falling. Globalism is rising, Economy's are crap, $hit will eventually hit the fan. When it does I rather be somewhat prepared that sitting on my @ss waiting for the government to help. I am independent and will remain independent until I die. Sucks if you want to be dependent on government or anyone else. F the government. I will live life my way until I die.

• Bob B
    Favorite Answer

Few people would argue that the government does not contain corrupt or undesirable elements. What annoys me, however, is the fact that the pro-gun lobby constantly touts guns as the ultimate form of protection against this sort of thing, when the evidence overwhelmingly indicates that they don't do anything to stop it. Let's see:

First off, it is claimed that guns would somehow protect us against a tyrannical government. So far, they have failed to do any such thing. For instance, one could consult the democracy indices for western countries (the last ones were published in 2011, linked below). The USA scores 8.16 out of a possible 10. This is a "full democracy", high by world standards, but low by western standards. So there is no evidence there that firearms have made the US any more democratic.

The idea that guns are an effective deterrent to stop the government becoming more tyrannical is also discredited by that data- the USA ranks very similarly to the UK, which has strong gun control, and lower than Australia, which also has strong gun control. So although these countries theoretically have a weak populace that could be easily taken over, their governments have not done so. Why the US government would- given the USA has very strong democratic traditions- makes no sense.

The corruption perception index also measures how corrupt most nation-states are. The USA ranks 19th in the world. Again, it ranks very similarly to the UK, and below Australia, both of which are western English-speaking nations with strong gun control. So again, no evidence here that firearms keep the government in check.

It's probably also worth mentioning that if the US government did for whatever reason decide to take over and stamp out the rights of the populace, civillians with guns will not stop them. The US army is more than a match for a bunch of rednecks with shotguns.

Most are spoiled and sheltered little children in adult bodies. They are not capable of defending themselves against criminals. They sit and suck their thumbs crying for imaginary mommies and daddies in government to pretend protection for them.

Politicians cooperate by operating a protection racket from the capitols. They give the hollow promise of protection if the little children citizens hold their pockets open nice and wide. The citizens do so and everyone but us is happy. The politicians get what they want and the citizens have the promise that makes them feel safer.

We cause the problems for them. We fire the gunshots killing criminals and remind the little children citizens they aren't really safe. Citizens become frightened and politicians are embarrassed because we wouldn't be robbed, raped, or murdered quietly. That's why we need to be disarmed.

Source(s): For decades I studied philosophies, cultures, and social institutions. I began that because of confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist anti-military and anti-capitalism indoctrination in the universities. I continue a forty year quest wading through the huge pile of stinking crap a wide variety of bigots dumped on top of truth hiding it from nearly everyone's view. The pile was made by blaming people they don't like while excusing people they do like regardless of where the fault really lies.

I agree, it would be stupid to take guns out of the hands of criminals, and idiots because handguns and rifles are the perfect defense against the tanks, missiles and aircraft that the tyrannical Governments could unleash upon its peoples at any moment. Without a gun to stop that rocket, we'd all die.

Evil/good is a false dichotomy my friend. There are simply conflicting morals, means and ends.

And for the "anti gun liberals", I think you're putting words into their mouths. I await the vitriol.

Private ownership counts for naught. Your team lost, and America won.

Evil? Aint nobody got time fo dat