Free music maker software?

I'm going to go into the career of being a record producer. So before I go to audio engineering school, I would like to get some prior knowledge on how to use music making software and how to actually do it. Does anyone know any free and downloadable music making software that I could download to my laptop and that's easy to use?

Favorite Answer

I think there's a good "free" one called reaper, tho everything is free if you know what to do ;), good ones are something like adobe audition, cubase, and for Mac which is usually what people use for recording and stuff there's something called pro tools, but there all paid . ;)

• ?

RecordForAll is a great audio recording and editing application. You can overlay tracks and add effects. A free evaluation version is available for download from - http://www.recordforall.com/

sony acid music studio 8.0 best maker software