Does this guy like me?

Please take a few minutes to read this and help me out. I'll try to keep it as short as possible, I really want some opinions!

There is this guy at work that I think is really cute. We have never had a real conversation other than hi. I work at a place with over 500 employees, so I don't even know his name and what department he works in.

I see him in the cafeteria during our morning breaks and lunch time. We always make eye contact and we will smile at each other several times during the breaks and lunch. He seems really shy. Sometimes if I catch him looking he will turn red and grab his cell from the table and pretend to be looking at it, but it's obvious he wasn't. Other times he will hold the eye contact and smile. A few times I have seen him walking down the hall and if he is far away from me he will wave.

This past week I have seen him look my direction a lot while I am actually working inside my department. He will look in my direction before walking out the door, I can see it clearly from the corner of my eye.

I don't know if he likes me or is just being polite. He doesn't wear a wedding ring, but that doesn't mean he's not already taken. I am very shy so asking him straight out if he's interested or asking him out is out of the question. I can't make the first move because I am too shy.

What's your honest opinion? What do you think?

• W.
    Favorite Answer

I'm a shy guy and he's definitely interested in you but he doesn't know what to say or how to approach you.

If you want things to progress, I'd suggest you go up to him and say "Hi", "What's your name", "I'm (I forgot ur name)". I know it'll be difficult for you too but just take a deep breath and do it and who knows maybe it'll lead to something special.

Good Luck :)