Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why isn't prior tactical experience in the US Coast Guard DOG not an option for FBI HRT selection?

Only Special Forces, Rangers, SEALs, Pararescue, ect. are mentioned on this cite.

https://www.fbijobs.gov/116.asp#4

2 Answers

Relevance
  • BRaini
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The site has not been updated in quite some time. As you fill it out, if you have the tactical LE experience, enter it. Let them make the determination that it DOESN"T qualify - because they WILL see that it does qualify.

Don't sweat it.

Brian Raini

Source(s): I retired after a LONG Coast Guard career - and have seen my friends get jobs with the HRT and other teams after getting out.
  • crnd
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Keep in mind the Coast Guard DOG is not considered special forces. While DOG assignees get higher end LE training than most Coasties get, it's a rotational assignment (same as any other), it's not special forces, it's not on par with SEALS or PJs.

Not saying that USCG DOG isn't good tactical experience.....it is.....but it's not on par with SEALS or PJs either. Those are in a different league.

For some perspective, DOG assessment training only lasts a week. BUDS training for SEALS on the other hand....that's six months of hell.

As far as what the FBI HRT would take......ask.....

Good luck!

Source(s): I'm a USCG officer.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.