Racist discrimination in school?

Firstly I'm asian, and I live in a pretty 'white' area in the UK(about 90%whites). I feel being discriminated a lot in school. Let's not talk about calling me Jackie Chan or Ching Chong Chinaman craps. People who know me assumes I know everything and each time taking a piss out of me for getting top marks in exams. That's not the bad part, academic success was never been viewed as 'cool' by chavs, and so many chavs in school just do bad things at me, there was once I was ganged up by 5 chavs. Now I'm just scared they will kill me one day.

I mean WHY? I thought UK is supposed to be open. Asian boys are particularly discriminated in school and I'm always a top priority for chavs to pick on. They say I shall go back to my country. Really? I doubt would most british people want someone who has value to the society rather than a spineless NEET chav in this country.

Asians are not all born smart: When white kids go hanging out with their mates I'm studying for my future, that's why I'm smarter than most people

There are also people just as nerdy as me, they've been treated with respect or left alone by chavs. If UK were so open then why does the insult I get all revolved around my country and taking a piss out of my country's law or government.

Favorite Answer

Happens in every country. Just search for the word racism in Canada and it'll be the same story. I don't think its got to do with color, nation or whatever, its got to do with being successful. You work hard and are capable to getting a decent job whilst those who are bullying will have to work hard to be like you. So the easiest way to stop you from becoming one successful person is to make you like them by teasing/harassing. Now if you worry and react to their taunts and score less at school, you're a loser, hence a part of their group. The first thing bullies look for picking is your weakness, it could be your ethnicity, by saying mean things such as the food makes them throw up etc. Be happy that you are able to make them envious.

Your experience is no worse than any other smart nerd in school. It's just that you're Asian. UK society is not so racist. If it were, Asians wouldn't be trying to come here in huge numbers. Think about it. If the UK was so horribly racist, they would be fleeing like Jews from Nazis.

The insults revolve around your ethnicity because it's the one obvious thing that makes you different and they run with it. People who are different get picked on. I was picked on for being white when I was the minority but I don't whine about what a horrible society I live in. I'm American and people "take the piss" out of me and my country all the time in the UK.

Ignore the chavs, find the nice kids. "Nice kids" don't discriminant your race. I think some kids are saying your clever because its stereotypical on Asians.

• Azrael

ignore them, that's what i do. i'm 14 and really really smart, and trust me EVERYONE will try to drag you down. just do your own thing. you'll do great things and those people will be dirty hobos. i'm american, so idk wassup with the uk, though.

Source(s): myheartfairy.