My 10 week old has eczema.. what cream to use?

He's got it everywhere and really bad cradle cap.. My doctor just said he'd out grow it!!

But it looks awful what's a good cream or ointment?? thanks xx

Favorite Answer

Baby dermatitis is the abnormal sensitive skin reaction to perfectly normal stimuli: saliva, cold weather, certain materials like wool, rubber, detergents residues on sheets or clothes etc. So this skin condition does not go away with a pill, it requires daily management to keep the flare-ups away.

For my son, when he was 8 months old, we followed a treatment scheme that included 14 days of potent topical corticosteroids (7 days Elocon, 7days Locoid) to close the open flareups and to regenerate the skin. Topical steroids are medicines that absorb into the skin cells and stop the inflammation when the skin is exposed to allergens and irritants. Topical steroids can be divided into four different strengths – mild, moderate, potent and very potent. Using too much of these medicines or using it for a long time may increase the risk of having adrenal gland problems, especially in children. They are prescription only drugs and should be used under close doctor supervision.

For the next 14 days we used Protopic (tacrolimus) immunosuppressant. It works by decreasing cell activity in the body’s immune system which helps to slow down the growth of atopic dermatitis (eczema). Within a month the skin was completely regenerated and has been clear for more than a year.

For hydration we still use Physiogel cream ( twice a day), Oilatum soap and Oilatum bath oil as daily skin care routine.

Good luck!

Source(s): You may read all about managing baby eczema on my site www.babydermatitis.com

My son used to have very bad eczema on his face and all over his body, I've tried almost every baby cream on the shelves in pharmacy but I found that dermaveen eczema cream work best because it got natural colloidal oatmeal, no lanolin no parabens, no dyes and no fragrances. I use it with dermaveen baby shampoo which I use it twice a week only. Since I use that my baby is more happier and not as grumpy or itch as much as he used to. For his face I use elocon ointment ( we live in Australia and that's the name of the ointment is elocon) I only applied it once and twice and it healed completely, by healed I mean he now have smoother skin, before using that he used to have very dry very red and very itching skin it got to the point where his skin just peeling off and water coming out or in simple word his face was rotted. Eczema cannot be healed that's why sometimes he still do get spots on his face I use elocon ointment and it just disappear, spots of eczema will reappear every now and then so I use ointment when required same as dermaveen eczema cream but those are really good. My son doesn't itch anymore he is happy and his skin is beautiful

Source(s): Thank god for that :)

My little boy had eczema on his cheeks. I was not sure what method to use but I didn't want to make my boy go through any surgery treatments at this young age. Some suggested a plastic surgeon since it was in a very visible location but our family doctor recommend this natural guide.

Best Eczema Treatment?

To permanently get rid of eczema you should fix the internal problem that's causing your eczema, not just masking the symptoms. Read Rachel Anderson's "Eczema Free Forever" ( electronic PDF format here: http://www.eczemafreeforever.link ). This is a permanent solution to eczema and it helped over 100.000 people get rid of their eczema for good.

Stop paying each month good money on pills and creams, been there done that. This is exactly what the pharmaceutical industry wants you to do! They want to milk money from you each month.

Individuals try many treatments for eczema to relieve the itch. They use otc remedies they can get in a drugstore. These people use prescription medications they get from their doctors. They even try an option eczema treatment, such as herbs. Learn here https://tr.im/mRHHN

Still, one study found that many people are certainly not satisfied with the effectiveness of their medications.

• Karen

I use hydrocortisone cream 1% for my eczema. It takes a few days to start to help but it helps alot. the one I like is called corticool. It is a clear gel so you can apply it on the hands and face. It is very soothing and cool. I also like benadryl cream but you cannot use it on large parts of the body.

E45 cream is good for eczema my nan use it for her eczema on her legs

E45 cream

1

• Alala

aveeno baby try get an oatmeal cream. pure coconut oil