Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is there to do in Germany?

I'm leaving Canada to go to Europe for a little while and I'm going to the Netherlands and Germany, and I just want to know what kind of cool tourist stuff there is to do there. I'm going to köln, bamberg and Berlin so if you have any recommendations on what to do there that'd be great! And do Germans like Canadians? I'm just asking cause I know not to many people like americans lol

Favorite Answer

That is Great Idea , that your travel vacation is in Germany. Here i may list some important tourist places where you don't want to miss it

1) Dresden- Gardens and Parks

2) Cologne - Roman Towers, Gothic churches

3) Leipzig - Leipzig Cotton Mill

4) The Frisian Islands

5) Oktoberfest

6) Lake Constance

7) Dachau

8) Neuschwanstein Castle

9) Hamburg Docks and Fish Market

10) Esslingen

Regards,

Roger

Going to Europe is always super fascinating.

i used to live in the Netherlands, and visit there all the time from Canada. There's lots to do in both countries, just a matter where you find it. you may need to travel outside of the places you're already traveling too.

I'd suggest visiting Rotterdam or Amsterdam! they're both amazing places in the Netherlands, Amsterdam is filled with canals that you can take boat tours on, Anne Franks house is also located in Amsterdam, and you can go inside and tour as well. There's old Cathedrals everywhere in Amsterdam, so it would be worth it to check them out. Amazing buildings!

While you're in Amsterdam, there are shops everywhere. Cafes and little eateries and its all so cozy, theres lots to do!

sometimes if your lucky and you got in the right time of the months, theres something called Pinkpop. Its a rock music festival held every year during spring or close to summer i believe (just look up Pinkpop on google)

As for Germany, its pretty much just the same. In Berlin theres LOTS to do, same as in Amsterdam. just look up the city on google, and try getting some information on events occuring when you are heading out there.

• Bernd

Castles

Famous old villages and Church's

Wine

Bier (Beer)

Museums

Driving fast on Autobahn

Viel spass ! (have fun)

Berlin is the best city on the planet.

There is remarkably little to do in Germany, and if you do find anything to do it has to be done precisely, clinically, and within a tolerance factor of 0.000000000000001%.

And whatever you do do over there just don't mention the War......

......both of them......

Source(s): One for the John Cleese fans out there.