Why does the government not allow me to have nucleur weapons, ppl kill ppl not nucleur?

stoopid libs

• Favorite Answer

Guns and nuclear weapons don't kill people, video games do.

Apparently.

No, people do not have to be involved for another person to die, at least not directly. You can die of nuclear radiation. If you walked around Chernobyl (pronounced: churr-no-bull), a city in Ukraine, maybe 15-20 years ago, you would have been exposed to nuclear radiation and thus could die. This city is the major setting in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, with several images from the game being exact replicas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

The same can be said for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as the nuclear power plant that exploded recently in Japan:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N76ro6tfAtg

Now, you're probably thinking of nuclear as in bombs but a small amount could kill a person as a former journalist who was believed to be poisoned by the Russian government did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexande...

You don't need much, and it has to be procured. Just like the milk taken from a cow is not the exact milk you take from your fridge for a drink as it goes through certain processes (such as Pasteurization). So, to supply a nuclear weapons effort, a proliferate state needs to establish a procurement strategy and infrastructure. If you can do this, as the state of Iran has been trying to do with their top scientists, then I would call the CIA/FBI/NSA for a job immediately, but I have a feeling this out of the realm of about 99.99% of the worlds population and possibly including yourself.

http://www.exportcontrols.org/domestic.html

Besides, like possessing an automatic machine gun, at least in my state and possibly at the federal level, is just illegal. You would probably have to have a license of some sort to either import or purchase such materials, before you could even spend the hundreds of millions of dollars to procure it for "weapons".

I'd stay away from the subject, at least on the internet. I'm already nervous that the links I provided are going to set off some government alarm because the same IP address visited a few sites regarding nuclear weaponizing so I'm going to have to stop now.

Hope that helps.

Source(s): In the body of the answer.

Because of the potential harm you could do to others. Your freedoms stop when they start to interfere with the rights of others.

"Instead, the U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that state and federal governments may place reasonable restrictions on the time, place, and manner of individual expression. Time, place, and manner (TPM) restrictions accommodate public convenience and promote order by regulating traffic flow, preserving property interests, conserving the environment, and protecting the administration of justice."

• lare

because a license to shoot wild game only allows you to take 1 animal, not the entire herd. further, you have to eat what you take, would you eat radioactive food? there is no practical use for an individual to have such a weapon.

Not only aren't you allowed them but you can't afford to buy them and you have no idea how to make them. I do know how they work but I'm not building one for a random Yahoo Answers troll, nor anybody else.

• BruceN

Because you do not have the knowledge or ability to safely handle radioactive materials.

Be realistic man.l