DeMarcus Cousins- Travis Outlaw or Al Jefferson- Paul Milllsap to the Celtics? Which is a better NBA trade?

Doc Rivers has had moments all season when his disappointment following a loss spilled over into what one can only describe as anger. But Sunday's 103-88 loss to Detroit was different.

Rivers' postgame comments left an unmistakable impression that he has had all he's going to take from this Celtics team that continues to play erratic, inconsistent and underachieving basketball:

"I gotta either find the right combination or the right guys, or we're going to get some guys out of here," said a visibly upset Rivers after the Celtics lost their third straight game. "That's the bottom line. This group right now, they're not playing right. It's in them to play right. But right now they haven't been either because I'm not getting to them, or they're not getting to each other."

The first person he chastised after Sunday's loss, was himself:

"I'm clearly not doing my job with this team," Rivers said. "I ain't trying to take a bullet for the team. I told them that, 'we gotta find something every night all 12 guys play the same way."' said Doc Rivers

I think some of it is Doc's and a LOT is Danny Ainge's fault for not saying something much sooner. Instead of sugar coating it, like he did. All of that it takes time crap, and we will try a combo of every lineup. Popovich or Sloan, would hv been like get these bums outta here.

The Utah Jazz are currently 22-19. Center Al Jefferson and Forward Paul Millsap are bound to be free agents next year and Al Jefferson's current salary is $15,000,000 and Paul Millsap's salary is $8,603,633.

The Sacramento or now sadley the Seatle Supersonics are currently 16-22. Center DeMarcus Cousins salary is currently $3,880,800 and Small Forward Travis Outlaw's salary is $3,000,000.

A trade w/ the Kings/Supersonics would be better price wise but a trade w/ a trade w/ Jazz the Celtics would be getting two NBA Allstars in Jefferson and Millsap.

K.G, Paul Pearce, Rajon Rondo, Jason Terry, Avery Bradley along w/ Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger

probaly will not be on the trading block in February.

Here is a list players w/ the Celtics that could possiblly be traded:

PF Jeff Green $8,385,000, PF Brandon Bass $6,000,000, SG Courtney Lee $5,000,000,

C Jason Collins $854,389, PF Chris Wilcox $854,389, SG Leandro Barbosa $854,000.

Which trade, or what would make the Boston Celtics an NBA contender again???

*** What about both Al Jefferson and DeMarcus Cousins to the Bost Celtics? Cousing could play Power Foward or Small Forward.

SG Ray Allen left the Celtics at the right time. Maybe K.G. should have signed w/ the Spurs or Thunder last summer.

• Matt
    Best Answer

I think that the Celtics will end up putting Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee, and maybe Fab Melo plus some draft picks on the trade block for Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, DeMarcus Cousins, Paul Millsap, Marcin Gortat, or some sort of combination with the other teams involved. But out of potential trade candidates, those five players stick out as possible power-forwards/centers that the Celtics will be pursuing.