promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 7 years ago

Avast Free antivirus?

Hi,

I reinstalled my operating system and I'm now going through and installing all of my programs. I'm installing avast free antivirus at the moment but I'm unsure of a few things. I clicked custom install so I can select the features I want to install and I'm wondering whether its safer to just not install 'avast! Gadget' and 'avast! Remote assistance'?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?yLaW
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Steven
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Hello.

avast! Gadget is a Windows Desktop information panel for Windows 7 and Windows Vista showing the actual protection status of avast 6.x antivirus and your computer, and it also allows you to get quickly and easily to the most common tasks of avast 6.x. B

Just decide weather you need those features or not. That's why you have the option to download them or pass that step.

:)

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Go with recommended settings ....

The features on Avast are all very good, and and there to protect your computer

remote assistance is optional .... its an option where u can get assistance from another avast user if you want to. Even with it turned on, its not going to make your computer vunerable. it works in a way that if you have to give the user you are connecting to a code to connect to your computer an vice versa.. its not left on all the time

The gadget is just a gadget which shows protection status etc on your desktop .. its optional

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Windows 8 or Windows 7? Avast is not compatible with windows 8 32 bit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I have Avast Free. You don't need those two installed to get the same level of protection.

• 7 years ago

antivirus software is made to protect us, not to harm us so i don't think it's safer to not install those features

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.