Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomManchester · 8 years ago

I am 15 years old but look as if i'm 16/17 and i want to carry cigarettes from manchester to kuwait?

Will i be held back by security ? I am going with my school's football team and my coach will be there and I just wanted to know if it's safe t carry the cigarettes...i will have a box of 200 Cigarettes. I know smoking is bad and all that don't tell me something I already know but please just tell me if you have an answer to my question

and I'm buying them from Manchester and taking them to Kuwait

and by the way in Kuwait they are not so strict about the you have to be 21 to smoke rule...the maximum that can happen in the Kuwait airport is that they ask who are they for and that's it.

• Vimto
    Favorite Answer

Yes, security will stop you, especially given the quantity of cigarettes. They're not stupid, you know. They'll see you're with a group of school kids, and are a school kid yourself. and you will have to dispose of them.

I work in Manchester airport, at a shop which sells cigarettes. If I see you, I will refuse you sell you cigarettes. :))

• ?

Bro..........Don't waste your time on that. I'm 28, been smoking considering the fact that I was once 13. The time flew through. Pretty soon, i'm gonna have got to give up or else i will get melanoma. I used to do what you're about to maybe do and i know that its no longer convenient to get em, you could get arressted for asking, chicks think cifgs are nasty, every body else does too, and significantly bro, from one man to an extra, you would be a healthy kid, or not. I wish I chose to now not buy the cigarettes from the fuel station 15 years in the past. I did though, and i have a persistent cough, starting to get wrinkly skin, bad breath, yellow tooth and a whole lot of issues looking to play physical games like I used to. Do what you need, but take what I say into consideration. Very well?

• Maxi

If you are attempting to purchase them at the airport you will be asked for ID...your passport and boarding ticket..so you will not be sold them, and if you ask someone who is 18 years old or older to do it then they are breaking the law once they give them to you and are very likely to miss any flight because of being questioned about what they have done...as you are.......... 'if' you get on board in Kuwait they are likely to be taken off you before you get out of the airport....and the risk of anything like that in a country you have no idea about what could happen is just not worth the risk..........

You can get yourself in real trouble in foreign countries if you break their rules

THE age For smoking IN kuwait is 21, do you look 21

Don't come crying for help if you get caught, you don't deserve it, know it all

In most European countries, it is only illegal to purchase the cigarettes underage, not carry them or smoke them. As Kuwait is outside the EU, I can't honestly answer that question, but my guess is they will be reasonably laid back compared to england.

From my rambling I would hazard a guess at saying YES, you probably can do it as long as you have a nice excuse for who bought them for you.

Sorry if this answer gets you arrested XD.

• Jo

I don't' know if security will stop you for this or not.

However, I don't believe 15, 16 or 17 matters.

The legal age for smoking is 18.

• robin

your age is printed on your passport.why risk being deported?