What do you think will happen in Mali?

So what, do you think this is going to escalate? They talk about sending an extra 500 as of now, but even then, that's only around 2500, and that's not enough for a war. Sure the African countries are sending soldiers, but if the terrorists hold Northern Mali (as large as Afghanistan?), and they've been... show more So what, do you think this is going to escalate? They talk about sending an extra 500 as of now, but even then, that's only around 2500, and that's not enough for a war. Sure the African countries are sending soldiers, but if the terrorists hold Northern Mali (as large as Afghanistan?), and they've been digging in and building tunnels, it's going to be a ***** to take them out. Will France just send a small force, and let the Western African countries deal with them? Because I highly doubt that African armies are going to be able to fight and win against an enemy that the US army (that send a ton more soldiers, with FAR better gear and support) had a hard time rooting them out of.

Basically, what do you think will happen to Mali in the coming months?
Update: @Yak - While i've no doubt that the Legion will do damage, there are just not enough of them to span the territory that large. The US Army had a hard to finding the terrorists and hunting them down in Iraq and Afghanistan, now think if we tried that with just a few thousand soldiers. I just don't see it... show more @Yak - While i've no doubt that the Legion will do damage, there are just not enough of them to span the territory that large. The US Army had a hard to finding the terrorists and hunting them down in Iraq and Afghanistan, now think if we tried that with just a few thousand soldiers. I just don't see it happening.
6 answers 6