My cousins and I want to travel for break either South Carolina or North Carolina. which state is better?

We range from ages 18-22, we live in the New England region and we're just looking for a nice, laid back ambiance between those two states with many cool activities and sightsee.

Favorite Answer

I am from NC, so I am going to say we are. ;)

But both could be fun. I recommend the eastern part of either he state rather than western. If you are looking to for sightseeing, rather than a party scene, you could visit the outer banks of NC. Hotels are dirt cheap, but beware, that isn't any city life going on here. You could also visit Wrightsville, you are close to a nice beach as well as a city. There are many beautiful beaches that are have almost no one there. Like Topsail, Surf City, Sneads Ferry, etc.. It is very cheap. If the mountains are more your thing, I recommend Asheville, NC.