Police Corruption in criminal justice system.?

is there police corruption in the Criminal Justice? if so giveme examples and sources!

Favorite Answer

( Yes )

-

------->CHECK MY PROFILE®⚑<---------

Source(s): California
  • ?

It will be unimaginable for half of the complete population to have a crook record. The courts, police, and many others would not ever keep up with this %. Also, don't forget the age of the complete populace..1 day old up into their ninety's plus. It is the tax payer who will pay for all these services,,,,,police officers, judicial approach, jails, probation officers etc. Taxes only for these offerings by myself could be sky excessive. Probably the problem is too many small legal guidelines...J-strolling, loitering, open container, over due library books, 5 miles over the velocity limit, and many others. I will say that the procedure is corrupt above all cops who will lie to get a conviction, however there are a lot of offenders right now to maintain each person's job reliable without going looking for criminals to entrap.

corruption now runs through the entire justice system due to the way promotions and advancements are achieved, easy example a cop measures your speed at 70 in a 45 zone stops you and gives you a ticket but to go easy on YOU(so he says) he reduces the speed to 60 or lower apparently giving you a lower fine, BUT he has made a false statement on a legal document (if you recorded him saying what he said the case would be thrown out) BUT the reason he does it is because he knows the chances of you fighting the ticket are much higher for the higher speed which means he has to go to court and maybe even have the ticket voided which looks bad on HIS record, completely corrupt

Is there police or court or corrections corruption outside the criminal justice system?

• ?

Yes,

Chicago--Al Capone.

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....