why did the Obama administration give the drug cartels in mexico fully automatic weapons?

I don't understand the purpose of this. This is on archives.gov for all you left people that say it is not real. It was called Operation Fast And Furious. By the way, i am 15 and am not associated with any political party.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

@AndrewM

lol, then how come the ATF made several arrest under the Bush admin and they did not under Obama. Lets be honest if you look at the internal documents it was never meant to catch criminals it was meant to demonize the 2nd Amendment and shut down gun shows.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-103...

• 7 years ago

They didn't. There was a "gun walking" program that was started under Bush, that was continued by the ATF under Obama called "Fast and Furious," but they did not supply drug cartels with guns, and especially did not "give" them guns.

They were trying to track the gun purchases, and when they wanted to step in and stop the guns from actually getting there, they found that the NRA and Republican supported laws were so weak they did not have any legal ability to do so.

NoQuestions - several straw purchasers were referred for prosecution under Fast and Furious, so you don't have your facts correct.

I did notice that your article was very old and dated, when the only information was partial stuff that was strategically leaked by partisan politicians. Nice try.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

They didn't but reagan gave iran weapons along with republican presidents supporting right-wing dictatorships in latin america

• They thought it would be funny.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.