can bars legally make you pay for sink water ? wo being on menu ?

i am 23 from pa.. i have been banned from a bar yesterday for life. because a bartender over heard me calling her a C U N T. She said i was just a rude kid who wasnt raised right.. and i was raised in a barn ? whatever that means.. she doesnt even know my last name.. i barely ever talked to her in the past 2 years.. i am on ssi ssd for bipolar disability.. she knows i dont have much money.. i dont even drink alcohol.. just sodas.. and food. she has been giving me unfair service.. ex. I approached her "WHAT ?!" that was her professional manager skills as a bartender. asked for the milk under the bar.. "how do you know where the milk is ? " questioning me of stealing. when she knows ive been coming to the bar for 2 years... i play free poker at this bar. no where it says anything about how much money i can spend at a bar. I said if you want people to spend a lot of money. why are you offering free poker at your bar ? she said i was lucky her sons werent there. after what she heard me say about her.. is this a threat ? can a manager kick me out for not spending enough money or tipping the proper amount ? recently she has been charging me for water out of the sink in a glass a dollar each with no re fills.. no re fills on sodas or coffee. and she has charged me tax on a 1.00 coffee.. is there anything she has done to make me get an attorney involved ?

I have spent over 200 dollars in 2 years.. always spent atleast 10 bucks im on ssi and ssd .. i didnt call her that to her face.. i did it behind her back. she told me im not spending enough money.. ??? can she do this ? she also pockets all my money i give for the sink water in the bathroom...

Favorite Answer

Just stop visiting the establishment. You could also call your local liquor control agency and report a suspicion of them serving alcohol to those under 21. You could also call your local health department and file a health complaint.

Charging for water from the tap is illegal in many states, they may assess a fee for the glass.

No. Free poker is supposed to attract paying customers. There is tax on a $1 cup of coffee. If she runs the bar, she can charge you for pretty much anything. Water isn't free, the bar has a water bill. Sounds like you're more of a burden to the bar than a benefit. As for the name calling, I would have kicked you out, too. Did you know you can get a $25 ticket for profanity in most states? Sorry, but you are a bad patron of that bar.

• Leyda

Have your tap water tested at a lab. It is not TOO expensive to have this done. The lab should be able to tell you just how good or bad your water is. Fluoride is not a nutrient. It is put in tap water to help strengthen teeth (toothpaste contains fluoride for the same reason). As a matter of fact, fluoride is very poisonous. That is why there is a warning on your toothpaste tube telling you not to swallow the toothpaste. Chlorine is also added to tap water. This is the same thing as bleach. Water filters can be purchased that can be attached to your sink. If you are worried about these chemicals, then this would be a good option for you. Your bottled water may or may not contain these same chemicals. Check the label or have it tested also.

Insult the wait staff in a lot of places (whether to their face or not) and you might find yourself out on your butt. Free poker at the bar is a way to get patrons in to spend money. "over 200 dollars in 2 years" is chump change...assuming you go once a week, that works out to less than $3 a visit - hardly a bar tab likely to endear you to the establishment.

Lots of places charge for water now. It is because people go and get water and then that is like all they get, it's costs the business money. Try looking at your bills sometime, if you pay for EVERYTHING you will see there is a cost with water, it isn't free. You were a poor customer and she was tired of it. Nothing illegal about telling you that you aren't allowed in any more, since it was about the lack of you spending money and nothing else.