Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy S3 mini?

My phone contract is up for renewal in the next few weeks. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy (the first one) and I like Samsung and Android etc. I've liked the look and sound of the S3 but the major downfall for me would be the size -- it's just too big. What are peoples thoughts on the S3 mini? Is it... show more My phone contract is up for renewal in the next few weeks. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy (the first one) and I like Samsung and Android etc.
I've liked the look and sound of the S3 but the major downfall for me would be the size -- it's just too big. What are peoples thoughts on the S3 mini? Is it just the size and resolution that's different or are there any major downfalls to it??
Update: bearing in mind that the only things i really use it for is the occasional app, internet, a few pictures and texting.