In what cities does the Watchtower Society sponsor soup kitchens and housing for the indigent?

How many do they feed and house daily around the world?

1 John 3:17 But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

Favorite Answer

WHERE DOES ALL THIS MONEY GO, FATHER? I don't know of any soup kitchens built by Jehovah's Witnesses in this area. All I hear is the building of new Kingdom Halls in certain areas of the United States. NO SOUP KITCHENS OR SHELTERS FOR THE POOR!!!

"An adorable carriage house at 165 Columbia Heights was sold for $4.1 million, city records show."

"The Jehovah’s Witnesses, whose world headquarters have been located in Brooklyn Heights for over a century, are moving upstate to the town of Warwick. The group is in the process of selling property in the area worth between $600 million and $1 billion".

The upstate exodus for the Witnesses — known for their Bible publishing, their door-to-door conversions and their excellent real-estate savvy — is no big surprise given the group’s explosion of property sales since 2004, including:

• 360 Furman St. — a 14-story building which sold in 2004 for $205 million and was redeveloped as the all-luxury, waterfront One Brooklyn Bridge Park.

• 67 Livingston St. — a 26-story tower which went for $18.6 million in 2006.

• 89 Hicks St. — which was sold to the Brooklyn Law School in 2006 for $14 million.

• 169 Columbia Heights — also known as the Standish Arms, this swanky 12-story building was sold for $50 million in late 2007.

• Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Now let's look at the Vatican and all of the property held by Catholicism in Vatican city. Why do I bring that up. Because Cristoiglesia, my friend, you are a Catholic priest who is picking on JWs. And you select this answer as best answer.

They are around 7 or 8 million in number, so don't take care of the world's needs. Their main focus is on preaching the Kingdom news earth wide. Matthew 24:14.

In fact, when Jesus was on earth, he preached far more than he performed miracles of feeding people with loaves of bread and fish.

He, in fact said: "You will always have the poor with you."

You may not recognize the preaching as being valuable but that is because you don't share their beliefs. Whether their preaching is valid is subjective.

But no one can argue the fact, that many who become JWs better their own lives. Some give up drugs, drinking, cigarettes, etc. Some who wouldn't work, improve in that respect too.

I remember a friend of my sister. He was a gambler, drinker, smoker, drug-user. He gambled away his rent money and then went to the Catholic church for assistance. They gave it to him and then asked if he needed anything else. They then proceeded to give him shampoo, toothpaste, etc.

If that man became a JW, he wouldn't have even needed to ask for money, because he would have given up those vices.

JWs actually do help out others though. Once I was short of money and another one gave me money when I went to a convention. I also helped out another lady financially.

There was a JW who had a health issue and we all got together and helped her financially. I have helped and been helped.

We help non-JWs too. I have given rides to homeless ladies and given stuff to homeless shelters and charities for abused women.

I know of JWs who shovel snow for neighbors.

We also provide disaster relief and not only to fellow JWs.

No soup kitchens, neither do they provide for elderly JW's. How can they be a tax free religion when the charge interest on the money they provide to local JW's for the buildiing of Kingdom Halls?

what i heard that when someone ask for soup in the KH, Jw directed or point them to go to the catholic church. LOL