Reloading .45 ACP & 9MM cost?

I am trying to determine if reloading is more economical than just buying ammunition outright. The calibers I am using at present are .45 ACP and 9mm. I went to a gun shop to just tally up what it might cost to load rounds and did feel it was cost prohibitive to load these calibers. At least it was just as cheap to... show more I am trying to determine if reloading is more economical than just buying ammunition outright. The calibers I am using at present are .45 ACP and 9mm. I went to a gun shop to just tally up what it might cost to load rounds and did feel it was cost prohibitive to load these calibers. At least it was just as cheap to buy FMJ ammo instead of reloading. The only positive I could see in it is that it looks like it might be a fun hobby. If for that reason alone I did it I think it might be fine but was just wishing to know if reloading was more economical than buying the finished product. It seems the cost of a .45ACP runs between .30 Cents and up and a 9mm is .22 or so if you buy in the box. What is the cost of a reload round for these calibers? I am not considering the cost of the press. Just the materials needed for the actual bullet.
Update: I have a tough decision to make. I received four responses to my question and everyone of the answers were well thought out, informative, and friendly. I wish I could choose all of them as my favorite. I do have to choose I suppose but just for all of you I thank you for your time and help. I do think the hobby... show more I have a tough decision to make. I received four responses to my question and everyone of the answers were well thought out, informative, and friendly. I wish I could choose all of them as my favorite. I do have to choose I suppose but just for all of you I thank you for your time and help. I do think the hobby aspect will greatly sway me in becoming a reloader. I will ask around to see if any of my friends reload and hopefully get some hands on. The gun shop owner I buy my guns at does not reload. Might be a good thing to instruct people on, especially with the feeding frenzy going on. If the majority of Americans support the gun ban why are the guns flying off the shelves? Who is buying them?