Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 7 years ago

What drug were Jesse and Jane doing in Breaking Bad?

In Season 2, Episode 11, titled Mandala, Jane used a drug and she mixed some stuff in a spoon before putting it in the needle. She injected it into Jesse's arm and it turned red and got him really high I guess. I'm not interested in using it or anything. I'm just innocent and I don't know a lot of drugs.

Favorite Answer

It was definitely heroin. I don't remember the scene or anything but.... Heroin is sold mainly in two different forms. One way is dry, kind of white or brown colored, and either chunky or powder (china). Other way is wet/sticky/gooey and brown or black colored (tar). I'm going to assume the show used the first example I gave because it is more common right now than the second. In the show, this is what Jane ultimately died from, too. She was really high, sleeping and then she ended up choking on her own puke. Getting sick like that is common from using heroin... but most people are awake when they throw up or they have a high tolerance so they don't puke at all. Also, usually when people in real life die from heroin it is because they simply overdosed or did too much. They would be essentially unable to even choke on anything because heroin suppresses a person's ability to breathe to the point where they just stop (which could be immediate or it could be after they've been passed out for hours).

Source(s): memories

The drug was heroin. Heroin addicts (I'm months in just a few weeks' use recovery) who go that far to get a hit of the drug mix the brown or pure white powder with water into a spoon (less water, better hit), mix it carefully, pull it up into a syringe through cotton, which acts as a filter to not put harmful solid things in our blood streams. We pull back on the plug to make sure the vein is hit, hence "it turned red," and then carefully, slowly, steadily as to not miss, (missing can cause cysts, infections, very dangerous things if done repeatedly. If just once, a bump will form where you missed and it will be sore for a few hours) push the drug into the vein. Some need a tie, look it up if you don't know, it's difficult for them to find veins, others do not. The effects should begin within 10 sec.-1 min. after injection. The drug's name comes from foreign "heroic," a rush of intense pleasure and warmth, after around ten minutes, you feel careless for the remaining of the high. Calm.

Jesse Pinkman Girlfriend

Probably some kind of heroin.