My printer won't print gifs properly?

I try to print a gif, but the picture doesn't move on the paper. Only on the computer. Is there something wrong with the printer?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

don't worry if it won't move, just follow these easy steps :)

1. go to http://www.online-image-editor.com/

2. upload a GIF file

3. go to 'Wizards' < 'GIF ONLY' < and click on 'split gif into seperate frames'

4. save all the images

5. print out all the images

6. create a flip-book with them :)

• 5 years ago

Microsoft Office Picture Manager enables you to print a GIF image. Many GIF files are one image, so they can't move. These smart asses making comments are clueless.

• 4 years ago

That`s good thinking. Unfortunately, we are not that advanced yet to have such papers and printers. But I like the idea that you are dreaming and letting creators have ideas to create such stuff. You are actually thinking about

future and appear stupid in the present. That`s how inventors and geniuses are! Don`t feel bad if people are laughing at your question. :)

• 5 years ago

They did use animated GIFs in newspapers in the Harry Potter universe, ask someone there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Diane
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

They are poor quality images. Especially to print. But i still don't quite get what your driving at.

• 4 years ago

Were you using Gif paper? That may have been the reason it didn't work, if you don't use Gif paper it will not correctly animate the Gif, leaving you with a plain paper. You can normally get Gif paper at most school/office supplies stores.

• 4 years ago

I have lost faith in humanity.

Source(s): Common Sense
  • 6 years ago

Have you ever seen anyone make a gif move on one piece of paper? If so, ask them, bless your heart.

Source(s): My brain
  • 8 years ago

you have to buy the special gif printers. however, they are only sold in Norway and are extremely hard to find online. hope this helped.

• 6 years ago

You have to push the gif button on you printer, it should be next to the dumbass switch

Source(s): Common sense
  • 8 years ago

Well, there is probably nothing wrong with your printer. Just search for the print moving .gifs option when printing and check it. You should be good to go after that. Just remember that the power and ink it will require can cause damage to your printer. It is best to view .gifs on the computer and admire them there instead of printing them

Source(s): I print moving .gifs all the time :p
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.