? asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 7 years ago

GOPRO mount on top or side of helmet?

Give me your thoughts on whats better for a gopro helmet mount. Side or Top?

using it for both biking and snowboarding

Favorite Answer

I would do side. It looks sooo much cooler, and if you mount it from the top, some of the footy can get you sick. When I first got my gopro mount it put it on the top, and I regret it.

Source(s): Personal Experience.
  • penna

Gopro Helmet Side Mount

• Taylor

Honestly I have never liked first person footage. If you're trying to make an edit, it doesn't look that good unless you are going really big. I've seen a couple mounted on a board before. I always have someone else film me with mine on a stick mount.

I would go with mounting it on top, on side mounts you see the side of your head/face/goggles a lot, and I don't particularly like it.

GoPro's usually have bad footage when mounted first person. You mostly get alot of boring angles. Try maybe filming with a pole mount, our a chest mount. Happy riding.

Source(s): Snowboarding for 5 years

the footage from gopros mounted on helmets looks stupid

I use mine on the top and it works great! My favorite view is on the board facing you and facing down the mountain. Only problem is on the board is it falls off the board a lot.

Source(s): Me

i personally like pole mounted, with more trailing hand.

Source(s): me