How long will it take to get pale skin?

To start off, I want to please ask for no negative comments like, "WHY WOULD YOU WANT PALE SKIN?" I could ask the same and say "WHY WOULD YOU WANT TANNED SKIN?"

I'm from Asia, where fair skin is considered beautiful. I live in the USA, where it's the opposite. When I was born, I had very fair and milky pale skin. As my father exposed me to beaches, I became very tanned. As a result, my goosebumps always show now past my tanned skin.

I've been using lemon juice + honey + milk + sugar to exfoliate and lighten the skin every day. I also scrub half of a lime on my skin. Another method I use is Jasmine tea leaves + mashed avocado + milk + sugar + honey and keep it on my face for 30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.

I haven't seen any real noticeable changes.

Do I need to apply remedies to the ENTIRE body?

How long will it take until I get pale skin?

Are there any other remedies for at home skin lightening?

Favorite Answer

1. Your genetics play a big part, I was born pretty pale, but my natural skin tone that I grew into was a medium tone. My mom is really pale but my dad is pretty dark so look at your parents and see how light they are, that's a big indicator as to how far your skin could POSSIBLY lighten up to.

2. It's honestly going to take a long time. At least a year...at least. So to help speed that along, you should just honestly cover up... lol wear high spf, stay out of the sun, wear hats, sunglasses. Go out for your daily dose of vitamin D (about 30 min) and just try to stay covered if you have to be outside. Thats why in Asia so many girls carry umbrellas, wear long pants in summer, older women have those huge face shield hat things....

3. For skin care, be careful with the lemon juice. I would just invest in a really good skin care system, where you're cleaning off all your makeup, exfoliating, using a toner, and moisturizing it well. They have lightening products that can help you in all steps, like lightening toners, moisturizers, cleansers... so shop around you have a lot of choices, I can't really recommend any to you since I don't know your skin type and history. But usually Asian skin care lines are pretty good like shiseido.

So yeah if you keep all of that up, your skin will be at its lightest naturally over time. If you want to help lighten your body....I'm not sure if it's safe honestly but I have heard of a lightening body soap. My friend used that and now she's...super pale. I don't think it looks natural for her though. But if you want to look into that option, now you know it exists and you can investigate it. lol Good luck!

I think it would be better to just wear sunblock so your tan fades as much as it naturally will. The lemon juice method might make your skin splotchy.

You could just learn to love your skin tone. I wanted to be tan until just a couple years ago when I decided that my normal skin tone was beautiful. I'm really pale (I usually buy the palest foundation in Walmart), and I actually love that now (remember, I'm from the US, where everyone wants to be tan), but before I wanted to change because I wasn't happy with the skin God gave me. I get teased by my family on how pale I am, but it doesn't change how I feel about my skintone now.

If you wear sunblock everyday, your skin can fade to the color it's supposed to be, but I don't recommend lightening it more than that.

If you keep using lemon juice, it should take 1-2 months to work.

Being a 36 year old lady and having long given up my dream of getting a fairer skin tone. Aside from my age, I am of African-American lineage and have dark spots on my eyebrows and cheeks. They were the cause of years of embarrassment because people constantly looked and stared at them! I have tried make-ups to cover them up but they hardly worked.

When I came across this product and read the testimonials, I immediately made my purchase and tried your different approach. A few days later, I am seeing that my skin is already getting whiter which brought a new level of confidence in my personality..

Whiten Your Skin Naturally?

Your best bet would probably be staying out of the sun and using a very high spf sunscreen. I do know that there are skin lightening creams on the asian market but I don't know how safe that would be for your skin. I'm sure you are beautiful either way. Good luck

I have long dark hair and pale skin! But none of the other stuff... And I cower too much to be considered a bad boy...

http://www.wikihow.com/Lighten-Your-Skin

i think the yogurt teqquneque works very well